Potes - hotel recommendation 7th June?

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

We should arrive in Santander at 1100h 7th June (from Cork) and plan to spin up to Potes that afternoon.

Does anyone know a good hotel there (Potes, not Cork!) - very subjective I know.

Somewhere with nearby parking, nearby restaurants, big enough rooms for two bikers to share?

Would like to book same place again for following Wed with ride to ferry Thu, dep. 1630h.

Thanks,

Bin

About 10 kms further up the road from Potes, towards Fuente De ( the mountain top with cable car up to the top) is the wonderful Hotel del Oso, at
Cosgaya, Cantabria, Spain. fantastic place fantastic food, ideal for a lithe young man like yourself. safe trip, let us know how the ferry goes, will be on it in September.
https://cantur.com/instalaciones/5-teleferico-de-fuente-de

Hi Con, that looks just the job. I have written to them, now waiting their feedback. Thanks!

I’ve booked the Hotel Infantado just outside Potes for two nights, looks ideal and the reviews seem fine and the price is very reasonable.
I’ve just been on bookings and it appears they have double rooms available for the middle of June for £45 per night.

http://www.hotelinfantado.com/

Been to potes 5 times now and always stop at hotel valdecoro, it’s reasonably priced clean and 5 mins walk from the centre of town. Plus you can park your bikes either at the side of the hotel or in the yard at the back.

Hotel Del Oso gets my vote and patronage

Hotel Del Oso is lovely and rightly recommended :thumb

For something a little more modest, Pena Sagre is about a five minute walk from the centre of Potes, and very good value. Parking is no problem.
It has a rustic locals bar and the restaurant is decent. Lordy Lordy, I can almost smell the lamb chops.. :)

Hotel del Oso is expensive, I've often stayed in a small, cheap place right next to the bridge in the middle of Potes where you can watch the world go by.

If your just using it as a one night base to run from and to the ferry at Santander then you won’t go wrong with La Pisa, John and Gwen are great hosts and will provide a decent meal whatever time you arrive.

We have stayed there a couple of times and wouldn’t look anywhere else for a stopover on the way somewhere, the only downside is that it’s a bit remote but they do have good food, a bar, worry free parking and a lovely house. (The parking isn’t secure as such but they are remote enough)

https://www.lapisa.co.uk

If you're looking to stay at the (very good) Hotel del Oso, book it with the ferry - it's one of the Brittany Ferries partner hotels; a top tip from elsewhere on the site was that you get a discount if you book three nights' stays with these hotels (there's a list on the BF website).

But I also stay in the Valdecoro as it's comfortable, clean, cheaper, with out-of-sight parking in the yard at the back (down a steep ramp, it must be said) and it's handy for walking into town.

Hi,

We should arrive in Santander at 1100h 7th June (from Cork) and plan to spin up to Potes that afternoon.

Does anyone know a good hotel there (Potes, not Cork!) - very subjective I know.

Somewhere with nearby parking, nearby restaurants, big enough rooms for two bikers to share?

Would like to book same place again for following Wed with ride to ferry Thu, dep. 1630h.

Thanks,

Bin

Be aware that the Hermida Gorge (between Panes and Potes) is closed between 24.00hrs Sunday and 13.00Hrs Friday for the next 4 weeks.

We travelled to Potes on the 16th May and the detour takes you off the A8 at Torrelavega; down the A67 to Aguilo de Campoo; then up the CL627 to Potes. This adds something like 50kms to the route and it took us 2 hrs 15min. The closure does limit what rides you can do, other than on Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday, when the gorge is open to traffic

Stayed at the Fuente de from Saturdau last week for three nights, excellent. Wanted to book into the del Oso but no rooms available for my dates.
The Fuente de was excellent, the traditional menu was truly scrumptious with the included wine of great quality.

The road up to the hotel is pretty spectacular also

Back
Top Bottom