Annual Insurance farce

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Renewal through today for 5 bikes, up £300................. to £725 in total:eek:

Quick ring around and get figs around the £450 - £475 mark, so phone the current insurer

Ok, we'll drop to £514............from £725:rolleyes:

What a fucking palaver:confused:

Got to maximise the profit for their shareholders. Gotta love Capitalism....:rolleyes:

They rely on some people paying without question and will drop the price when pushed, this is nothing new they have being doing this practice for years, I hope you rejected their reduced premium offer and took your business elsewhere on principle.

They rely on some people paying without question and will drop the price when pushed, this is nothing new they have being doing this practice for years, I hope you rejected their reduced premium offer and took your business elsewhere on principle.

Undecided at present, maybe more to extract yet

The insurers were supposed to have signed up to a self regulation system to stop this kind of bollocks - just shows what a shower of tw*ts they all are.

They came in at twice my Carol Nash quote quote :eek:
Very odd, you’re not confusing them with Bikesure are you Tim?

I’m with Carol Nash and when my renewal time came round I ran a quote through The Bike Insurer and they came back cheaper..... it was with Carol Nash too.

So I called up CN and quoted The Bike Insurer ref number and asked how come it was cheaper than dealing with them direct (which I was now doing), CN’s reply was “sometimes brokers can offer better deals than we can” :blast :nenau

I’m with Carol Nash and when my renewal time came round I ran a quote through them and they came back cheaper..... it was with Carol Nash too.

So I called up CN and quoted The Bike Insurer ref number and asked how come it was cheaper than dealing with them direct (which I was now doing), CN’s reply was “sometimes brokers can offer better deals than we can” :blast :nenau

I thought Carole Nash is a broker. They are here in Ireland anyway. Still carry on with the numbers game at renewal time. JJH

I thought Carole Nash is a broker. They are here in Ireland anyway. Still carry on with the numbers game at renewal time. JJH
They are indeed hence my confusion as to how a broker can supply a quote cheaper and still go through another broker.... in my case it did pay to used a middle man, or should that be a middle man in between the middle man :confused:

Renewal through today for 5 bikes, up £300................. to £725 in total:eek:

Quick ring around and get figs around the £450 - £475 mark, so phone the current insurer

Ok, we'll drop to £514............from £725:rolleyes:

What a fucking palaver:confused:

You should have explained that you only ride them when its dry and not in months with an R..

They are getting back to me in the morning, because of the eclectic mix I have

Really great positive and actually knew the bikes I had without going into tedious detail

Breath of fresh air
I think they are very good
No messing about with the Termignoni and way cheaper than Bikesure and almost and i do stress almost ( they are an insurance firm after all ) a pleasure to deal with

Really great positive and actually knew the bikes I had without going into tedious detail

Breath of fresh air
Good to hear.... keep us posted :thumb2

I’m with Carol Nash and when my renewal time came round I ran a quote through The Bike Insurer and they came back cheaper..... it was with Carol Nash too.

The quote came out expensive as it was a multibike policy, I guess for a single bike it may have been a different story.

Just a point on this - I've just been refused insurance from my existing insurer due to a bike change - bought a K1600 GTLE which they won't cover for me. So I trailed about with plenty of expensive quotes - and finally went with LV - not known for their bike policies, but cover leathers, helmets etc. as well, and does not have a clause saying you can't leave your bike on the drive in daytime or it's not covered!!!! - so all in all not a bad policy and at the best price I got quoted - has to be worth a shout?

James

I went with Carole Nash again on a multibike, 4 bikes £540 with free breakdown & personal accident, on the drive cover during daylight hours, (must be in locked garage between 10pm-7am) very professional agent who knew his stuff.

Just a point on this - I've just been refused insurance from my existing insurer due to a bike change - bought a K1600 GTLE which they won't cover for me. So I trailed about with plenty of expensive quotes - and finally went with LV - not known for their bike policies, but cover leathers, helmets etc. as well, and does not have a clause saying you can't leave your bike on the drive in daytime or it's not covered!!!! - so all in all not a bad policy and at the best price I got quoted - has to be worth a shout?

James

I've been with LV for a few years now and I've recommended them in threads on here before. They are extremely easy and efficient to deal with and provide great value cover. I use them for Bike, Car and Home insurance which brings additional discounts.

Breath of fresh air
How did they do JB?

Back
Top Bottom