The Next Best Bike in The World Ever......Thread :-)

Have you tried the heated seat? It's bloody brilliant.:thumb

Yup,went out this evening after I had fitted the Bumots.
Was a tad chilly on way home so had grips and seat on full.Had to turn them down as too hot !!

Nutty,does your single seat have separate heating controls for pillion ?

I like the dash,and the shortcuts etc.

It was set up for me and no need to change it-the up arrow brings up the heated grip control,and the down arrow brings up the seat heating.Perfect !

Just need to get the KTM My Ride working properly with my Scala.

It linked to my phone no problem.

Then I paired my Scala Packtalk with the My Ride,and it paired ok.

It then showed the music controls on the screen,and which track was playing etc,except I had no sound through the Scala....need to investigate further.

Love the quickshifter-nice to have it for downshifts as well as up.

Hillstart works well too.

All good so far,though think my triple clamp torque settings need checking as it clunks a bit over speed humps etc.

You don't want the T, or the S, you want the R.:rob

Fixed !

Yep, separate controls for the rear area of the seat; it's the same switch on the back of the bike.:thumb

I'll play around with my shortcuts later, and keep a listen out for the clunking. I'd read about the triple clamp settings, but assume that my dealer set my bike up properly at the pdi.:aidan

All good so far,though think my triple clamp torque settings need checking as it clunks a bit over speed humps etc.

That wasn't uncommon on the 1190's, mine included.

I adjusted it back up once at a few hundred miles and that was it, it's not needed doing since.
Be careful how you adjust it up as, for some reason, it seemed very easy to over tighten it (and I read somewhere that this may have been partially responsible for the fact that some people found the bike unstable loaded and at speed and others didn't (I've never had an issue there)).

Andres

Apparently, the new bikes have a longer headstock to minimise the clunk problem, and ball races instead of rollers so people don't fuck up the adjustment.

No, I didn't understand the last bit either :confused:

That wasn't uncommon on the 1190's, mine included.

I adjusted it back up once at a few hundred miles and that was it, it's not needed doing since.
Be careful how you adjust it up as, for some reason, it seemed very easy to over tighten it (and I read somewhere that this may have been partially responsible for the fact that some people found the bike unstable loaded and at speed and others didn't (I've never had an issue there)).

Andres

Ta.

All sorted . The top triple clamp was torqued correctly but it turned out to be the top bolt. The big fucker in the middle, whatever is called. Went to dealer and they loosened off the top triple clamp then tightened the big bolt, only about a quarter of a turn. Transformed the bike.

Ta.

All sorted . The top triple clamp was torqued correctly but it turned out to be the top bolt. The big fucker in the middle, whatever is called. Went to dealer and they loosened off the top triple clamp then tightened the big bolt, only about a quarter of a turn. Transformed the bike.

Interesting cos I have the same problem with mine and the dealer thought I was mistaken. It's going in again next week when the suspension guru ahem will take a look. I'll be sure to tell him to try this option.

Best feature on the bike ?

The egg box !!!

d51d7950d84a9b7631306c8868f1bf0e.jpg

Interesting cos I have the same problem with mine and the dealer thought I was mistaken. It's going in again next week when the suspension guru ahem will take a look. I'll be sure to tell him to try this option.

Have you had the updated SA fork internals?

Have you had the updated SA fork internals?

I have only heard talk about them but nothing official. If there was an official KTM bulletin you could refer me to then I would be very grateful as the dealer I don't think is taking me v seriously.

I have only heard talk about them but nothing official. If there was an official KTM bulletin you could refer me to then I would be very grateful as the dealer I don't think is taking me v seriously.

All I can say is there's loads of talk about it on ADVrider, and many people have had an updated fork leg which seems to cure the noise, so such a thing must exist. Of course, that is in America and things may be different there, or even between dealers. Over here, some had new starters in their 1190s, some were refused.

edit: You've probably read this, but there's a lot about it here

All I can say is there's loads of talk about it on ADVrider, and many people have had an updated fork leg which seems to cure the noise, so such a thing must exist. Of course, that is in America and things may be different there, or even between dealers. Over here, some had new starters in their 1190s, some were refused.

My dealer (TRV's one) was superb throughout my KTM ownership......except for the starter upgrade. Although my bike never failed to start (the battery was usually kept on an Optimate when not in use), it did labour to start at times even with the battery being at full strength. So I never had the upgrade approved as they said I needed to be recovered before KTM would consider changing it.

So,I've done 100 miles in the last 2 days.
Fuck all,I know,but don't forget I'm stuck on Guernsey at pissy slow speeds.It's been hell.

79e83f58108b50279364bd7c44f9fd22.jpg

e8b9037abdc1d9dda867931831339285.jpg

Initial thoughts:

It's an electronic bike !!!
My dealer's mechanic took a day and a half to PDI the fucking thing and fit accessories,such as my Garmin 590 mount etc.
But he did a thorough job and took his time.

The TFT screen is fantastic-very bright even in the brightest sunlight-changes colour/brighness at night.Love it

All the new gubbins such as the KTM My Ride,Quickshifter,Hill Start,MTC is all pre-installed on the bike and is unlocked using the expensive fucking laptop I had to fork out for.*

I have the separate Ergo seats,rider and pillion.

Heated grips are very hot on max,as are the seats.Easy to operate as the menu lets you install favourites and short cuts,so a simple press of the UP button accesses the heated grip settings and the DOWN button accesses the seat heating :

e4313058e51eb4b266249b40fe54a2fb.jpg

Hill start does what it says on the tin.

Quick shifter works well-not as smooth as I had on MT10 but good enough.Down shifting is pretty good too.

The KTM My Ride is bollox-I'm pretty tech savvy but I cannot get it to work properly.

The issue is my Scala Packtalk I think.

I pair my iPhone to the KTM under PHONE.
I then pair my Scala to the KTM under HEADSET RIDER.

Both work fine and if I get a call,it shows up on the screen and I can answer using left switch gear.

But the issue is I can't play music ! The track playing shows on the TFT screen,and shows the control options-the left switch gear buttons let you change track/volume etc,and they work,BUT I cannot get any actual audio in my UE earbuds plugged in to the Scala.

Tried everything and reset the Scala etc.I don't have the iphone connected to the Scala,so it doesn't confuse the issue,though I did try it as well.

So I've given up with it for now.I'm sure some bright spark will have the answer once more bikes are on the roads.

I'll go back to using the Packtalk linked straight to my phone and ignore the My Ride feature for now.

With regard to the bike itself-obviously it''s pretty ballistic,or at least it will be off an island with a 35mph speed limit !!

I love the feel of the bike with the 21/18 wheel combo-for me much more so than the 1290S which I demoed from Premier Bikes a few weeks back.It's personal preference.But the 1290R corners like it's on rails.Bloody fantastic.

I'll have a much better idea next week-heading to France to meet some mates,first service booked over there next Thursday then the plan is to head to Germany/Adenau/Das Ring !!!/Cochem etc etc ,after picking up the g/f from Dusseldorf Flughafen International.

It's ages since I last had a trip away :D,and as I'm off work for some time ,I may as well fuck off and have a bit of fun.

Anyway,so far so good.

Plus it has an egg carrier !!!

5c7302ead26a417ed57af38c4bafffe7.jpg

*dealer/mate quote of the day.

Fixed....:aidan

How strict are your local police with speed limits out on the few open roads you have? Move to the Isle of Man. I was chatting with a guy who lives there last year who rode to work over the mountain road each day often at 170mph in places.

How strict are your local police with speed limits out on the few open roads you have? Move to the Isle of Man. I was chatting with a guy who lives there last year who rode to work over the mountain road each day often at 170mph in places.

The pigs are pretty strict these days,but you can still have a bit of fun in the right place.No wish to move to the Isle of Man,ta.
I'm quite happy to nip to France on a regular basis as it's only 90 minutes by ferry,the cats have tails,and the locals don't marry their sister. :p

Back
Top Bottom