Rain On Visor?

boxer

Like Newton - only stupid
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yesterday we spent nearly 6hrs sailing down Germanys A8 construction site in the heaviest extended rain I can remember riding in ever.

A major worry was rain on the visor. Things did improve when I remembered to remove my shades, but visability was poor due to water remaining on my visor. Being behind a screen didn't help.

So, are there any contempory solutions to water remaining on a visor before I start with Fairy Liquid and half a spud?

For what it's worth, all gear from Rukka and Klim held up well.
But for totaly, 100% waterproof, a pair of £10 ex-NATO overtrousers and a pair of HG Tuareg boots were the winners.

As with Blueranger above, or use RainX BUT beware, it can make the visor go a little milky over long term use. Some visors might react differently :)

:beerjug:

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Can we assume that this is the first time you have suffered in x000 miles of motorbiking? If so, it will be some time before it happens again.

A screen's position has as much to do with it as anything else. If I adjust the infinitely adjustable screen on my 1600 at on angle I can make it so that the water build up on the visor would require a proper car's windscreen wiper. At another, the water will run down as if it's just a passing shower. I just clean my visor under the tap and wipe it with a restaurant's paper napkin.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I just clean my visor under the tap and wipe it with a restaurant's paper napkin.

+1 these days :thumb

Don't even bother washing the visor under the tap. Don't use car polish on the visor, just Mr Sheen :thumb

Haven't used RainX for 20 years since my supply dried up ;)

Common knowledge that I 'steal' a couple if extra paper napkins from the cafe for just such purposes :D

:beerjug:

Always carry a packet of wipes and some kitchen roll.

With my screen setting, I occasionally have to just look up to get the water to roll off my goggles.

i always wondered if the guy on dragons den ever got his electric visor wiper off the ground.

Aerostich Ropers.......have a 3mm raised strip of rubber down the edge of the left thumb that works well.

I've often wondered about sticking an inch or three of car wiper blade rubber to other gloves, but it's been such an infrequent problem that I've never got around to it.

The answer is speed.......get up to 50 or so then look over each shoulder, then up then down......as long as your visor isn't fubared, the rain should run off and leave you clear :)

i always wondered if the guy on dragons den ever got his electric visor wiper off the ground.

There was a couple in the den a fortnight back....they'd invested 800k of their own dosh making a rubbery appendage that fits onto a thumb....wipe one way and it'd sponge the visor, wipe the other way and it would squeegee it.

I agreed with the dragons.......utterly ridiculous and I wouldn't even buy one, let alone invest in it :blast

I agreed with the dragons.......utterly ridiculous and I wouldn't even buy one, let alone invest in it :blast

Ahh well you see, you're wrong. It's made in Scotland and should therefore be a mandatory purchase for you......:dabone

A friend of mine was a beta tester for it and he was impressed - http://www.visorcat.com

Bob heath V-wipe, cost about a fiver nowadays, were a pound when I started. I've had one on my glove for 30 years now. Not as neat as the built in one on my rukka glove but more effective and, I find, easier to use.

+1 for V-wipes. Much better than the ones on the gloves.

A good polish with Mr Sheene, a V Wipe , and the Fanum head shake. That should cover all yer bases .

Back
Top Bottom