TAT

Me too I would like to do it again, in my 60th YEAR, could be the last thing I ever do :eek:

Not wanting to alarm you Bakes but any year could be your last :D

I've been toying with the idea of going back to it again too but doing it all in one go plus a few extra places ...... must finish this 950;)

I've been toying with the idea of going back to it again too but doing it all in one go plus a few extra places ...... must finish this 950;)

If this TAT trip happens I'm bringing my 950 (it was finished in 2009 )

Me plus one (male:D) are very interested in going aswell...
Mike..

I'm interested as well Chrissy, depending on dates, leave availabilty, pass out being authorised :blagblah:blagblah:blagblah

I hope this happens. The whole route plus some of the side routes in the great divide. At least 6 weeks just roaming around.

I'm interested in doing the TAT have been planning on going in 2018 60th birthday present to myself :rob :aidan and taking my trusty DR350 and light weight camping kit :rolleyes: :camping

cheers Spud ;)

Can I come with you

Oooh..... me me me!!:bounce1 I need something to look forward to. Can it be done on a standard 1150 with the small tank?:nenau

OK fellas, done a bit of work on this and what I'm going to do is the following:

• [*]Unload the container Thursday 28th June 2018 in Norfolk Virginia or Townsend Tennessee
    [*]Reload the container on Tuesday 14th August 2018 in Santa Rosa California.

The great thing about the container is you can put your bike and all your gear into the container both ways so when you fly in, you can carry minimum luggage. Your bike and gear will be ready and waiting. On the return, drop your bike off and fly home. It takes around 4 weeks to get there and the same on there way back

This gives just over 6 weeks for anyone who wants to do the whole TAT which is do-able in this time frame. You have noticed I've put unloading in Norfolk or Knoxville but I'm just waiting to hear from the shipping company and the place we unload them on this. We went into Townsend before with no issues so hopefully we can do it again as it save a couple of days ride on tarmac to the start. Townsend is a few hours away.

6 weeks is too long for me to do a guided trip on the TAT so you would be on your own for the trip. I've already got a group of 4 guys from another forum who are up for it so you won't be alone. I can help with all the mapping, insurance requirements etc etc so you will be right up to speed before you do it.

Having said that, I can probably sort a 3 week half TAT guided trip from either Townsend to Alburquerque or Alberquerque to the finish on the West Coast as I can get the bikes moved in the US.

Let me know who wants to do what and I can do some more work on it. If we get enough, I'll set up an open day at ABW where we can go through the whole thing.

It's a brilliant trip thats for sure.

Attachments

• TAT colorado.jpg
    TAT colorado.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 344
  • TAT4 Colorado. JPG.jpg
    TAT4 Colorado. JPG.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 350
  • TAT6.jpg
    TAT6.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 340
  • TAT river.jpg