Taking a chain (security) on tour

My insurance specifies a Disc lock when away from home so thats all i take

Yes there is a risk but for me that is off set by the riding pleasure i get from not having 20 Plus KG of weight rattling round or sliding around or just generally being annoying

And on the up side my mate insists on chaining his bike up every night and usually the best thing to chain it to is my bike

Problem solved for me at least

speaking from experience, a disk lock doesn't stop scroates lifting the bike and putting it in a van. chain it to something solid and make the fúckers use an angle grinder. they can still steal it, just have to work a little harder.

( experience is 27 years in polis )

Yes there is a risk but for me that is off set by the riding pleasure i get from not having 20 Plus KG of weight rattling round or sliding around or just generally being annoying

And on the up side my mate insists on chaining his bike up every night and usually the best thing to chain it to is my bike

I make sure my bikes have a Roadlok, and are properly insured. Then it’s off to the bar to get bang on it.

I make sure my bikes have a Roadlok, and are properly insured. Then it’s off to the bar to get bang on it.

Precisely
If it gets nicked it gets nicked but as long as it has the disc lock on then the insurers will ( should ) cough up and it gets better i took out 3 years gap insurance on a back to invoice basis so if it does get nicked i will be better off ( increased insurance premiums aside)

Precisely
If it gets nicked it gets nicked but as long as it has the disc lock on then the insurers will ( should cough up) and it gets better i took out 3 years gap insurance on a back to invoice basis so if it does get nicked i will be better off ( increased insurance premiums aside)

Same here. I always take out gap insurance, even though I don’t do finance, as it takes any worry out, if the worst should happen.

So, Roadlok, insurance, and rti gap insurance. Job done.

But I never tell the insurance company that I’ve got a Roadlok, as it makes naff all difference to the premium cost, and they’d insist it’s fitted whenever the bike is unattended, even in my garage.

speaking from experience, a disk lock doesn't stop scroates lifting the bike and putting it in a van. chain it to something solid and make the fúckers use an angle grinder. they can still steal it, just have to work a little harder.

( experience is 27 years in polis )

Wow! Those 27 years weren’t entirely wasted.

Just what you need, an expensive metal box to put your overkill lock and chain in in case it gets knicked :D

Also having a big expensive metal box makes your bike more worthwhile nicking...

Back
Top Bottom