GS regrets vs GSA

How often do you do 3 point turns? You'll soon get used to it. I suffer from back issues (and, as a result, am a weakling :comfort:D), so sometimes struggle to manoeuvre the bike around, but its not a major issue for me.

Your my hero. Nah all in all now I have finally been able to ride a new GS it has become apparent that it is more me. Watch this space........

Your my hero. Nah all in all now I have finally been able to ride a new GS it has become apparent that it is more me. Watch this space........

If the GSA becomes unmanageable, the Rallye would be my next choice.:thumb

You'll be fine on the standard GS, all you need for touring and slightly more nimble than the GSA

Only thing I can see wrong with the Rally is the tiny screen but having said that the standard GS screen is fine for me

My research suggest that the Rallye Sport package comes with both the small screen and the normal GS screen. You also get a normal seat set up gear assist pro and a center stand.

The expensive extras are dynamic ESA, cruise control, cornering abs and sat nav prep. Not too bothered about these but as and when I sell mine (derisory sum offered for mine as trade in) I will crunch the numbers.

Simple question really as the GSA is really growing on me the more I look. Previously I hated the look/size but find myself actually liking it as much as the GS, I think.

So has anyone bought the GS and now thinks/wishes they had gone for the GSA instead.

Bought a white GS 1200 with full luggage, engine bars and spots. Traded it in 3 weeks later for a TB GSA 1200 and haven't looked back. In my opinion the old GSA was overkill but the new GS is so soft looking with awful range that if you really want a GS today you have to get the GSA.

Very happy with the GSA compared to a few weeks on the GS.

Bought a white GS 1200 with full luggage, engine bars and spots. Traded it in 3 weeks later for a TB GSA 1200 and haven't looked back. In my opinion the old GSA was overkill but the new GS is so soft looking with awful range that if you really want a GS today you have to get the GSA.

Very happy with the GSA compared to a few weeks on the GS.

You need to change your avatar then :D

It's changed on tapatalk, but I never log in from the main site ;)

98548498be10e636eabd76fb1bdb00eb.jpg

If the GSA becomes unmanageable, the Rallye would be my next choice.:thumb

I have had 9 1200 GSA's covered over 180,000 miles on em I ride a GS when mine is in for service, i find them more flicky and moveable into tight bends but not a lot. I also find the GS does not seem as well planted on the road and doesn't have the presence of a GSA somehow? I run mine with side stand fuel fills not Centre stand fuel fills unless on LONG tour. When the GSA gets to much for me I agree with Nutty I will probably buy a Rallye then jazz it up a bit and try that. Its more of a bored factor for me I do fancy a change but every time i try owt different i go back to GSA. Having had two offs one in January (ice) one in February rocks:) I can tell u that these BMW bikes are not as good built as I and other pals who ride em think!
We looked at the new KTM yesterday no worse build that BMW.

If it helps on the GS no one moved out of my way but on the GSA most people move before I have a chance to flash.

Ooooer!

Thanks for all the comments. Looks like I may have sold my GS TC today (subject to seeing the money). So full steam ahead. Looking at a Rallye Sport with Aluminium panniers for that dashing, rugged look :aidan

I own an adventure and I was also loaned a GS and didn't like the GS at all, the GSA just has it all and the GS felt really thin and small to me, very twitchy and also just not big enough

I am 6'1 and 18 stone though lol

My research suggest that the Rallye Sport package comes with both the small screen and the normal GS screen. You also get a normal seat set up gear assist pro and a center stand.

The expensive extras are dynamic ESA, cruise control, cornering abs and sat nav prep. Not too bothered about these but as and when I sell mine (derisory sum offered for mine as trade in) I will crunch the numbers.

If you get the pillion pack or whatever its called you get normal seats, a standard GS screen and a centre stand! Don't think you get both screens without paying!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I stand corrected on both counts Dave.

I do not want to pay for top spec so looking to order the 'basic' Rallye Sport without the thrills. I rode an New Exclusive on Saturday and enjoyed riding it and whilst it looked very nice (not brown at all) it was just a bit high brow for little old me.

If we all wanted the same thing life would be a bit dull.

Neil

Interestingly there was one on the BMW stand at the Geneva car show today which had a standard screen and seats fitted

Right the Rallye Sport does come with both seats, GS screen and center stand...... if you order them :blast

All the ones currently available at Motorrad UK appear not to have been spec' d with this option.

I bought mine this afternoon. Rallye Sport with premium pack. I'm sooo excited :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom