Macbook, Memory card and the Nav V !?

Blackness

Reaction score
Hello all.

Ive been messing around for a few evenings now trying to get the memory up on my Nav 5...
The memory is nearly full after last update so decided to put an old memory card in and it isn't seen when i click on Garmin Express. Ive done some searches and it said about formatting, but instead while i was out today i bought a fresh new 16gb micro sd. Got home, checked the format, it says MS-DOS (Fat32), which according to the searches i did is correct, put it in the Sat Nav and it still doesn't see the card and tells me its nearly full ! Ive got it hooked up to a Macbook, and its done the updates and everything fine !
What am i doing wrong please ?
Any help, hugely appreciated !!

Best wishes, G

You can always use Disk Utility and try to reformat it. Just select MS-DOS (FAT).

On my MacBook , I click on finder ,this shows the nav is attached , I then click on the nav . This shows the files built in it and the card too. I transfer music to the card by dragging MP3 files on to it this way

Hope that helps

Can you see the device & SD card on the desktop as different drives? The drives are named on mine as Garmin & no name.

I had this problem before. I solved it by using a good quality sub lead.

Back
Top Bottom