Acrapovic - Euro 3 v Euro 4

kevtherev

Reaction score

I know there's a number of posts/threads on whether a Euro 3 Acra will fit a Euro 4 bike and the consensus is that it will. Interestingly my local dealer says there's a slight difference in the pipe sizes (no doubt to try and get a sale) and that if fitted on a Euro 4 bike it will run hot. My question is why would it run hot? I don't understand why a Euro 3 Acra (with presumably less noise deadening material inside) would affect a Euro 4 bike in this way. Does anyone know?

I have a 2017 gsa 1200 and it has euro 3 pipe. Doesn't run hot. Just has removable baffles!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have done over 7k miles on my 2017 bike with my Euro 3 Akro with no problems apart from it sounds better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 2018 GS with an Akra from NN for a Euro 3. Perfect. Only difference I can see is mine has the single into twin inlets whereas the Euro 4 has single. My Euro 3 has welded in baffles.

No issues whatsoever.

I have a 2014 Euro 3 Akra on my 2017 bike, fits perfectly, no problems, 12k miles on 2013 bike, 9k on my 2017 Rallye, still looks like new..

Kev,if anything the EU-4 Akra would theoretically run hotter.
EU-3 ; 1-2 muffler with two removeable 36 mm db-eaters...
EU-4 ; 1-1 muffler with single non removeable 34 mm outlet...
Buy the EU-3 !

Kev,if anything the EU-4 Akra would theoretically run hotter.
EU-3 ; 1-2 muffler with two removeable 36 mm db-eaters...
EU-4 ; 1-1 muffler with single non removeable 34 mm outlet...
Buy the EU-3 !
Not so. EU-4 has two outlets and with a little ingenuity, removable baffles.
Alan R

Attachments

• 1F7629DE-4B1B-4669-8A05-7485A59867DC.jpg
    1F7629DE-4B1B-4669-8A05-7485A59867DC.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 493
That picture shows a EU-3 Akra...EU-4 is single in and out !

Did you build it yourself or is it the HP build by Akrapovic for BMW ?
The generic Akrapovic pipes sold for the GS are like I mentioned E-3 1-2 with db-killers removeable or E-4 1-1 non removeable !
Of course you can always drill them out yourself but still have a 2 mm smaller outlet...

Did you build it yourself or is it the HP build by Akrapovic for BMW ?
The generic Akrapovic pipes sold for the GS are like I mentioned E-3 1-2 with db-killers removeable or E-4 1-1 non removeable !
Of course you can always drill them out yourself but still have a 2 mm smaller outlet...
This. The EU-3 has the baffle securing bolt head accessible without tools: the EU-4 bolt heads are covered by the end carbon cover.
Alan R

No idea why anyone would buy an akra where you can't remove the baffles. Seems like a total waste of money.

No idea why anyone would buy an akra where you can't remove the baffles. Seems like a total waste of money.

Look at the picture in post #8 and you will see no baffles present.
Alan R

Not saying it isn't possible, but it is a headache to do, surely? I took mine out with an Allen key the second I got home from the dealer. Took all of 20 seconds.
Look at the picture in post #8 and you will see no baffles present.
Alan R

Not saying it isn't possible, but it is a headache to do, surely? I took mine out with an Allen key the second I got home from the dealer. Took all of 20 seconds.

When I bought the bike new I specified an akra can from the dealer and they supplied a Euro 4 can to complement the Euro 4 spec bike.
I’m an inveterate fiddler and asked on this site if anyone had removed the baffles from a Euro 4 can. Armed with the knowledge that it was possible, a drill and a pop riveter it took me 30 minutes including removing and replacing the can on the bike.
Sounds great and not too loud.
Alan R

I have a 2017 GS Rallye and when I bought it I had them put an akra can on for me, the salesman told me he put the euro 3 can on so I had the option to remove baffles (which I have), there have been no fitting or temperature issues with the bike what so ever.

Kev I'll be putting my euro 3 Akrapovic can up for sale tomorrow if interested......mint cond removable baffles!

Back
Top Bottom