Advise 1250. Rt

MRDDD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any help would be much appreciated
I want to get two cables for front cameras situated between the front forks back to the battery. I was thinking of the panels removing from the tank etc
Also I need a switched live to connect to . Looking on you tube possibilities are the din socket on the right hand side next to the tank or there’s a surplus connection below the left hand handle bar.
Has anyone removed panels to do the same job
Thanks in advance
The bike is a 73 plate just in case it’s different on earlier registrations

I doubt if a 73 is different to my 21 in this respect. There is a "standard" BMW GPS connector in the wiring loom on the left hand side of the headstock (plugs available from Nippy's etc at usual BMW price!) which will give you a switched live if you don't want to butcher any wiring.

The left and right panels are quite easy to remove (only 2 torx screws underneath) BUT you have to be very careful not to snap the plastic lugs which slot into the tank panels at the top. Just take your time and ease them gently so you can see where the lugs are - the panels are partially held by Velcro so it can feel as though something is preventing them from coming off, this leads to excessive force being applied and....snap!

I really appreciate your help could I call you directly but do appreciate if you would rather not I have some more questions my number is
07946424465 what I’m trying to do is connect a innovv k3 and an innovv blind eye

Any help would be much appreciated
I want to get two cables for front cameras situated between the front forks back to the battery. I was thinking of the panels removing from the tank etc
Also I need a switched live to connect to . Looking on you tube possibilities are the din socket on the right hand side next to the tank or there’s a surplus connection below the left hand handle bar.
Has anyone removed panels to do the same job
Thanks in advance
The bike is a 73 plate just in case it’s different on earlier registrations
I have Innov installed on my 1250RT. Plus on 3 blood bikes. The fit was easy, if you lift the ecu, which just pulls up, there is enough space for the hard drive to sit next to it. The cable reach the battery easily and the switched live can be spliced into the orange and blue cable from the loom on the mail connection plug. to route the cables, you just need to remove the side panel fairing and not any tank panels

Thanks so from the front camera how do I get the cables back to under the seat
I must admit all the gear no idea thanks

Thanks so from the front camera how do I get the cables back to under the seat
I must admit all the gear no idea thanks
Take off the right side panel, two torx screws on the forward edge, lift the panel up and out, before you remove, put your hand up and free the velcro under the panel. Then route the cable from the front up past the forks, then into the void under the panel, route them behind the panel and into the void under the seat. If you don't want to put the hard drive alongside the ecu, there is enough cabe so you can put the hard drive under the passenger seat at the rear

God your helpful where did you get the switched live from

Just red your previous message when you say lift up ecu does the hard drive go under or to the side lol I’m a spec builder which to me is easy bikes no idea in fact embarrassing

I think casbar has probably explained it better than I could in a phone call ;) I don't have the radio installed so there is room under the pillion seat (I'm assuming the radio is like my 2019 which was a big box under the seat, taking up lots of space). I have the Innov K3 recorder and the Innov Third Eye box under the pillion seat, both powered from an ezCAN under the cowl at the back. But there is the GPS switched live option at the front as I say above. Also, cheaper alternatives to the ezCAN (e.g. Thunderbox and Innov) are available.
The only panel you really need to (carefully!) remove is the right hand side, that provides enough access to route the cables through to the under seat area (easier if you also remove the battery cover panel). I have the K3 GPS box in the right hand speaker cavity.

Just red your previous message when you say lift up ecu does the hard drive go under or to the side lol I’m a spec builder which to me is easy bikes no idea in fact embarrassing
Depends which camera you are fitting, the Innov K3 hard drive will go under the ecu, to the side. But as I have said, the wires are long enough to have the hard drive at the rear under the pillion seat, if will just about reach under the cowling at the rear. You can always extend the wires if you need more room. I have my own under the rear pillion seat at the rear under the rear rack cowling. But the blood bikes we fitted next to the ECU, not radios fitted though. If you are fitting an Innov K5, then it's different as the hard drive is with the front camera. I also have a Cansmart fitted, but I don't use it to power my Innov (mainly because I use the parking function)

Thanks to the both of you I will try to install later in the week but do keep your advice coming

For the switch live bmw have said come off the right hand side din plug and I don’t need a can smart do you agree

For the switch live bmw have said come off the right hand side din plug and I don’t need a can smart do you agree
Like I said, I tapped into the blue and orange wire direct to the ignition, but any switched live will do. You do not need a hex or cansmart, I didn't connect my camera to my cansmart. Reason being, if you use the cansmart for the live and switched live, you will not be able to use the parking feature, which needs a pos feed at all times. So you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom