Algiceras.. buying tickets for Tanger Med crossing.

ballistic

I ain't got no stinkin' visa!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If I just turn up in Algiceras, is it best to purchase tickets from ticket bureau on the main drag opposite the terminal, or can I purchase it from the ferry company's office at the terminal?
I presume a ticket bureau will charge commission? Looking at the pre-booked prices, they seem to be cheaper than what I paid from that ticket bureau.
Last year, I was "helped" and led to a ticket bureau to buy my ticket.. there was a "helper's" charge, of course!
I don't want to pre-book as I'm unsure of what time I'll be arriving.
Any info would be welcome :thumb2

We've always go direct to the shipping office and bartered, going from one to the other. Mind you, there was a group of us so bargaining power was greater; on my own I'd just shop around for best price on the sailing I wanted.

Normally the cheapest crossing is on Acciona Trasmediterannea from Algeciras to Tanger Med. Check the price first using http://www.aferry.to then at least you know the right ball park.

My experience of non-official ticket outlets is that they try to charge more than the actual fare. Would be interested in how you get on.

Good advice from Oblertone.....And Tim.........All the ferry company's are all next to each other at the terminal, just go from counter to counter for the deal that suits you. You can park out side while you nip in.

Good advice from Oblertone.....And Tim.........All the ferry company's are all next to each other at the terminal, just go from counter to counter for the deal that suits you. You can park out side while you nip in.

Thats what we did several year,s ago,it was also cheaper to wait for the next one so to speak,
and we also had an open ticket return aswell,think it was around £ 50 return or something like that ..could be wrong though!!

OK, I'm back in one (bruised) piece, so here's a couple of bits of info that may prove useful to future travellers...

We bought our Spain-Morocco ferry tickets in Algeciras, at the ferry terminal itself.. all the ferry companies have their own ticket counters and you can go from one to the other comparing prices, times etc. It was easier, cheaper and more convenient than buying from one of the ticket bureaus on the way to the port. It cost €73.80 for the bike and €55.80 for the rider.. that was to Tanger Med with FRS, with an 'open' return.

I managed to get a green card from my insurer, my 2 companions couldn't, so had to obtain insurance in Morocco. Normally, you'd stop at the cabins on the way out of Tanger Med, but we got there late and they were closed. We'd booked a hotel in Chefchaouen that night, so we rode on, intending to find insurance the next morning. It transpired that there was nowhere in Chefchaouen that did motorcycle insurance. We were told that we wouldn't be able to get any in Fes either.. Tetouan was the nearest place, which meant a detour in the wrong direction, unfortunately. Anyway, we found the place and got insured. The moral of this is that, if you're entering Morocco late, and the insurance office is closed, head for Tetouan for an overnight, not Chefchaouen. The RANDA Insurance office is directly opposite the Cinema Espagnol (Tetouanees all know where that is). The address is 2 Rue Mohammed, Torres, Tetouan, and the telephone number is 05 39 96 56 76.
The insurance was 950 Dirhams for a month...

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 221

Back
Top Bottom