Beaks going far North

AndyCam

Reaction score
Wednesday morning 07:30 and the still, half light of Dufftown is shattered by the throaty rasp and crackle of 2 1150 "Beaks" roaring in to life! Ok a muted purr then! BuzzBeak and Stormin' Stompy are heading for the Orkneys. Out into the morning traffic on the A96 towards Inverness, Stormin' watching his street pilot 3 as we weave in and out of the local traffic, filtering into tiny spaces. Oh how all the locals in their cars waved their hands at us in obvious delight and good humour as we made "Very Good Ground" Stpped for a second at red lights in Nairn one local wound down his window and see "I'll swing for youz, yee wee Bastitt" Which translated means "Gosh you fine chappies are really quite splendid" Off up the A9 and to the Ferry at Gills Bay, stopping off at John O'Groats for a typical GSClubuk piccy. Over on the ferry launched in 1970 so it is well worn in! Called the - - Panalinas or was it pantyliners? 2 fantastic days on Orkney followed, brilliant Rds, wonderful scenery and so biker friendly. So all you peeps what is thinking of a visit up North stop thinking and get up here. Journey back, landed at Gills Bay at 17:20 hrs and were back in Dufftown at 20:39 exactly stopping off at Wick for fuel. I'll let those of you clever navigator people work out the average speed for that one
Some piccies are attached and follow
BuzzBeak, he of few brains

Nairn traffic lights.....

.....at red lights in Nairn one local wound down his window and see "I'll swing for youz, yee wee Bastitt"

I was that local!!! :D

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time, but what took you so long getting home from Gills Bay????? :)

Poor Gregoire the bear, didn't he get encrusted with flies sitting in front of the beak like that?

Mind you, it's no wonder your headlights dont work very well!

Where I am going

I don't need to see where I am going now. I have had a 128Mb chip fitted in my brain stem and Gregoire has been fitted with the latest U.S. Military Sat-Nav and avoidance system. Its' full title is Collision Resistant Anti Prang.
:beerjug: :beerjug:
:beer: :beer: :beer:

I seem to remember you being the one with the bear behind

Back
Top Bottom