Buying a used 1200gs

Denis

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
With the advent of the 1200 adventure I am considering buying a used 1200gs ;) What should I look out for when checking a used 1200gs? All advice appreciated!

How much warranty is left? :)

Seriously, I don't think the bike's been around long enough for long term flaws to make themselves known, any faults to date will have been fixed under warranty.

Apart from that, just the stuff you would check on any bike ... service history, general condition, wheel bearings, especially the rear ones ...

Denis said:
With the advent of the 1200 adventure I am considering buying a used 1200gs ;) What should I look out for when checking a used 1200gs? All advice appreciated!

Firstly, that it is yellow of course :thumb

no real worries

As long as its under 2 years old, which it must be just make sure all the re-maps recalls etc are done. Makes far more sense to buy a used one, then you can mod it to your own taste. :beer: :beer:

Might be best to avoid those bikes with lots of sportsbike type add ons eg carbon fibre bits, loud exhaust etc since they are more likely to have been treated like sportsbikes and thrashed, than like tourers / off road.

dont think so !!

birdseye said:
Might be best to avoid those bikes with lots of sportsbike type add ons eg carbon fibre bits, loud exhaust etc since they are more likely to have been treated like sportsbikes and thrashed, than like tourers / off road.
No, I believe your wrong (IMHO) as GS'ers tend to personalise bikes. Probably the opposite is true of your comments. Most of uys make quick steady progress, the add on bits are just a statement of our own individuality. But do try to get any standard parts with the bike. :beer:

Back
Top Bottom