Camping in Poland

Pale Rider

Reaction score
Planning on doing a trip over to Poland next year traveling through Luxemburg, Germany and on to Poland mainly camping to keep costs down but it recently occurred to me that; hang on don’t they have bears, wolves and wild hogs roaming around?? Anyone got experience of camping over there? Think I’m leaning more towards hotels now as I don’t fancy getting eaten to death by the wildlife 😂

You're part of the food chain.
Accept it and get over it 🤣
GS could stand for 'Good Snack' for something!

It's been 10 years since I was in Poland. Hotels were relatively cheap then but I'd simply do a few searches for the areas you're interested in and fire off some emails, enquiring re availability/price etc.

I'm sure there will be campsites too. In fact, here it says there are 357 of them! :D

Wild camping should be fairly safe if you take simple precautions - don't cook any food in the evening on your site. Don't have any food in your tent etc. But if hotels are cheap enough, why bother?

There are roughly 500 campsites in Poland.

There are roughly 150 bears in Poland, not spread evenly.

Go do the math, as our American cousins say.

Here’s our resident wild boar expert, att:

IMG_4724.jpeg

Last edited:
We were also there 10 years ago. Stayed on a three different campsites. All three a lot like a campsite in any other European country. Oh, and took a hut at another site as it was otherwise full - £££. We also tried to wild camp a couple of times but as soon as we got into woods or a field there was that many midges and mozzies we decided against it as it would have been shit.

Never gave bears a thought. Don’t overthink it. I don’t know but I suspect the bears are small ones (not a grizzly in other words) and far more scared of you than you if it. Just don’t corner it or threaten any young.

It’s a nice place to travel around.

don't watch hannibal rising then go camping in poland.... oh man... that didn't make for a restful nights kip....

would recommend wolfs lair, the strange wooden churches near the marsurian lakes, the marsurian lakes...

and avoid the tripe soup... it's an aquired taste... I camped for a few nights and then found cheap guest houses with bars attached... and secure parking

Kipped in a field in the Bieszczady Mountains, wildlife did cross my mind, but woken by locals taking their cows for a morning walk.
Also camped by a lake, can't remember where, only bothered by the mad axeman.

I used a couple of campsites there when I did my solo tours of Eastern Europe and found they were very good with modern facilities and were cheap to stop at. Most times I’d use a hotel but the benefit of a campsite is that it’s easier to wash and dry clothes than it is in a hotel so when I needed to have a wash day I’d use a campsite and string a washing line from my tent to the nearest tree or fence :D

Has someone moved Poland......Went a few years ago....no one told me it was in Africa....better check my Atlas...

Back
Top Bottom