Cheapskate Bastard loses the purchase of an 88 FXRS-SP over £500

Nice 'n' Fat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got asked to bid on an FXRS-SP three weeks back. It was a 2 owner bike with 12k on the clock that needed some work and based on the fact I wasn't desperate to own it threw out a bid of £3k

Tonight I heard a potato potato sound in my driveway and my neighbour went and bought it for £3500 :blast

Bollocks doesn't even come close :tears

Last edited:
That’s a great deal ….( you missed out on..😂)

I suppose it could have bounced all the way up to £5 or £6k if you had bid...against your neighbour...and kept bidding...It may be a different thread then.."Bollox, I overpaid for this pile o' shite"

Well ... he is struggling with the costs of all things Harley

The carb (I reckon) is fucked as it just keeps overflowing and he's had it in pieces several times with no positive result. I've already told him to bite the bullet and fit a Super E. There are many other things that will need doing before his trip around the NC500 at the end of July such as brakes & tyres etc

The bills are mounting

My prediction is the trip will not happen and the bike will sit in the back of his shed for a year or two before he offers it to me :augie

Well ... he is struggling with the costs of all things Harley

The carb (I reckon) is fucked as it just keeps overflowing and he's had it in pieces several times with no positive result. I've already told him to bite the bullet and fit a Super E. There are many other things that will need doing before his trip around the NC500 at the end of July such as brakes & tyres etc

The bills are mounting

My prediction is the trip will not happen and the bike will sit in the back of his shed for a year or two before he offers it to me :augie
Or you could help him get it sorted..........

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Walk over with 3500 cash, and offer to ‘take it off his hands’

My advice to stop faffing around with the OE carb and just buy a Super E has been ignored

He has many 'projects' languishing in his shed

I suppose it could have bounced all the way up to £5 or £6k if you had bid...against your neighbour...and kept bidding...It may be a different thread then.."Bollox, I overpaid for this pile o' shite"
You clearly dont know Paul.......Whilst Bollox is a large part of his vocabulary, "I overpaid" is most definitely not :ROFLMAO:

Sounds like sour grapes. Wish him luck and move on. JJH
No, not in the slightest. He's a car guy, not a bike guy. I think he's got a bit excited by all the 'Live to Ride - Ride to Work' farkles adorning the bike. No one who knows Harleys would start with a visit to a dealer in an attempt to buy parts. I only ever saw it as a future project/donor bike that would have languished in my shed for a few years hence my very low offer ;)

Back
Top Bottom