Come on chaps and recommend me a screen for my new 1250R triple black

I'd say it depends on your height, but for me, after trying the standard one on my RS, the Wunderlich touring and the MRA Vario, the MRA wins out. It allows somwe airflow on the high setting but for me anyway, eliminates buffeting and due to the spoiler, you'll find a good compromise setting for you. The nice thing aesthetically is in the low setting, it retains the sporty look of the bike and doesn't look like you've attached a barn door to the front.

Picture is in the raised position

IMG_0767W.jpg

Thanks Morety but mine's the R not the RS although I'm wondering why I didn't go for the RS anyway.
PS, I do like the grey of your bike.

They do a screen for the R too Garry although I appreciate it won't be the exact same. I like the grey and white colour scheme too. It works well with the red frame :)

Thank you for that, and to be fair, the screen is actually quite good so that’s on my list

Sent from my backyard

I have a taller Puig screen on my 1200R. It uses the mounts the BMW Sports Screen goes on plus a couple of additional brackets. It's extremely sturdy. It has been superceded by something that looks a lot better. They are availble clear and in two grey tints.

I bought the Puig sports screen, it worked well but was just maybe the wrong height so I had it trimmed down, here is the before, I will take a photo of the shortened version, it works excellently, but depends how much protectoion you want. I have just come back from a tour of Scotland and found this really good. IMG_3941.jpeg

I just fitted the MRA Vario this afternoon and did a few miles. Picture nicked off Facebook but mine is the same but smoked.

It’s okay but honestly I was expecting more wind protection.

Definitely less wind on the chest and 80mph didn’t seem like I had to hang on quite as much but you are still well aware it’s a naked bike. No buffeting to my helmet but it does seem noisier. I’ve never worn ear plugs but I think I just might have to start. That should alleviate most of the noise.

I got mine off eBay at a lot less than new. I think I’d be more disappointed if I’d paid full price.

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpeg
    IMG_0175.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 27
If you wanted a bike where you might be sat in a bubble of still air, some might argue that the R1200/1250 was maybe not the right bike for that, nor any naked bike.

The aim of a screen for a naked bike is more to reduce buffeting but allow air flow, and allow rapid progress without your arms and neck getting fatigued. Riding without ear plugs will damage your hearing no-matter what bike you ride. I have tinnitus because I rode for years, like an idiot, without plugs, so it's a strong recommendation to any biker that it is as important for your health as any other safety gear you wear.
A taller screen might do the trick but could spoil the looks of the bike. FWIW, I find the same with my MRA. It's not the quietest but I like the air flow and the fact it doesn't cause buffeting. I do like the look of the MRA on the "R". It looks in keeping with the bike.

Back
Top Bottom