Confirmed list - what are you riding on the trip?

Yoy i looked at the benelli before buying the GS, they look great but after talking to lots of people (even the sales) they have got a terrible reputation for going wrong:blast:blast

Just go get a GS ya know ya going to end up with one :augie:D:D:thumb2

PS Just think of all the new green and silver undies you will have to buy:rolleyes:

Yeah - I've had Ducati and Aprilia bikes, and SAAB, Alfa Romeo, and Fiat cars, and they all have their quirks and alleged share of unreliability. I look at it as a challenge of ownership!

Anyhow, I need a second bike, and the Tre K does look feckin' gorgeous...

:drool

Might look at a GS for a 'main' bike next year. Or the year after. Trouble is, the SM's just so goddam perfect.

Yoy

Me want

:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

benelli-tre-k-1130-ld.jpg

Test ride booked 12 noon, Saturday. Hope it stays dry ;)

KTM underpants already listed on eBay....

I wouldn't say no to a thrash around on someone else's but I wouldn't hand over my wedge for one :augie

Just taken delivery of a Power Commander III USB. Was a little concerned about the GSA running too lean with my baffle-out Akra system. Should sort the fuelling out and give a few extra ponies :thumb2

Here's my backup if the GSA packs in :augie

img1496r.jpg

Just need to get some chaps, tassles and grow a beard :ymca2

Very nice. Very Terminator 2.

Always liked that style of Harley. Don't know much about them, really, but have test ridden an XR1200 recently. Tempted, as a second bike, but then I do have eyes for the Benelli...

Enjoy, Easy Rider

I sat on an XR1200 yesterday Yoy and liked it. Big too, which surprised me. How did it go/handle?

I sat on an XR1200 yesterday Yoy and liked it. Big too, which surprised me. How did it go/handle?

Yeah, it was bigger than I thought.

Hmmm...I guess it felt like it looked - big and heavy, but once going it seemed quite capable. It was raining so didn't have a chance to properly have a go, but it did seem a bit vague sometimes, and you need to give it a good haul over in a bend.

Brakes were adequate, and it accelerates like stink! Vibrates like an Ann Summers Rabbit, though. Oh, and the clutch was quite heavy, similar to a Ducati.

Would be tempted if one came up at the right price, and as a second "Sunday blast" kinda bike, but not sure I could put up with it on a regular, day-to-day basis.

I'm also thinking of a Sportster 883 for the present Mrs Joybringer. Nice and compact. And the bike. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom