F900GS Adventure

Eastmidsbiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
9001.jpg

9002.jpg

I'm liking the look of this. I'm thinking about what my next bike will be, and would like it to be as good as my current middleweight off-road (Tiger 900), if not better without sacrificing road comfort. The F900GS or Adventure version look pretty good potential alternatives.

The one area I'm hoping to improve on with my next bike is the capability off-road, specifically the Tiger has quite a steep rake at 24.4 degrees, whereas the F900GS has a more typical adventure bike rake of 27 degrees. There is an attempt by Triumph to solve for this off-road with settings that put the front on maximum pre-load and the rear on minimum preload (the idea is you sacrifice some rear suspension travel for a slightly better geometry with a less flighty front end).

I've already tried the obvious answer which is the KTM 890R, but honestly just didnt gel with it. I suspect it would be better off-road though.

Not sure about the 900 but the older f650/800/700’s have a very long first gear that you need to aware of if taking it off road. Also the lads with f800’s often fitted booster plugs to richen the mixure and smooth out the on of nature of the throttle on small openings.

Back
Top Bottom