Gonnie Check My Hoose Title Deeds

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

and find oot if Schloss Ronno is build on an old Indian burial ground.

Just got back fae Germany in the early hours of this morning. Bit of a nightmare the entire trip.

First of all, my Bro In Law got taken into hospital just after "The Bells" wi' a supected heart attack. He's still in and they cannae find oot what's wrong wi' him. So much for German efficiency...

Then on wur last night, me and Christine baith got food poisoning. Me worse than her. Talk aboot spewing for Scotland (or Germany!) :( We couldnae leave on Monday as booked cos we couldnae get oot o' bed other than tae fight for the toilet tae be seek in. P & O were contacted and kindly changed our booking.

Then the bed broke when we were in it. My sister only bought the new bedroom furniture in September. And afore you jump tae conclusions...no, were wurnae. :augie We couldnae move for feeling nauseous. Seems like it was a manufacturers fault wi the fitting plates and the bolts snapped. Went doon wi a bit o a crash. :(

We were meant to leave today (Wed) but first thing yesterday, my sister (maybe tae get fecking rid o' us) told us that there was a severe weather warning for Wednesday so we upped and left, in case we got stranded and couldnae get hame. I felt better but definitely no' right.

Despite the temperatures being minus nine on our way to Calais, the roads were fine and we made great time.

The roads on this side were fine too until we hit a blizzard in the Shap/Kendal area at about 11 p.m and it was a fecking nightmare to drive in. It lasted over an hour and I've never been so relieved to see snow stop falling. When you've been at the wheel since for about 14 hours, the last thing you need is the constant swish of wiper blades and staring into what looks like the opening credits to a Doctor Who episode. It really is quite mesmerising. The hypnotic trance was only stopped by HGV drivers overtaking me (and other cars) and causing fecking chaos. Reckless bastards some of them. :mad:

We got home aboot 02.30 and I was shattered. Went to bed. Couldn't sleep thanks to coffee, Pro Plus and Red Bull. It's nearly 1,000 miles door to door and a long drive at the best o' times but worse when you feel like shit.

My mate Rene whom we spent a really nice evening with on Friday just emailed me to tell me that his lovely Leonberger dog Max died today.

What an eventful start to 2009. :comfort

Wisnae all bad news though. My Dad was a lot, lot better than I'd imagined or hoped he'd be after his recent health scare :)

FFS Ronnie, ah wiz feelin a bit browned aff bit ah'm feelin a lot better noo efter readin that.:comfort

and find oot if Schloss Ronno is build on an old Indian burial ground.

Nahhh, you'll be safe there. The real problem will be that it's built above caves from lime workings. You'll wake up 30 feet underground one morning:D

Notes for future visits to Germany

1) Drink more alcohol eat less food. Alcohol kills 99% of household germs. If you'd not been so bloody sober you'd not have got food poisoning :D (Disregard this if you were a**eholed as you didn't in fact have food poisoning, just alcohol poisoning :toungincheek)

2) Politely ask Christine to open shutters etc. so that clumsy, sausage fingered, kack handed Deutsch/Scots don't end up vandalising family property.

3) Visit the local builders merchants on arrival, collect 50 bricks and use these to support the bed frame.

4) Fly there and back, it's cheaper, quicker, safer and you can maintain your alcohol levels to combat food poisoning.

Really glad to hear about your Dad and hope BiL is on the mend soon

I felt a lot better after readin' yer tale o' woe. I thocht crivvens and help ma boab "This punter is worse off than me. " And then I thocht "Schadenfreude- int it?" :aidan

Missed A Bit Oot...

I forgot to mention that on oor scheduled last night, we were at my Maw's and I'd just poured masel' a very healthy glass o' Auchentoshan to finish the bottle aff. I hadnae even had a sniff when Mrs Ronno leaned ower the table for somethin', cowpin' my glass and the lovely golden contents then soaked my mobile phone. :blast

Noo, I cannae text feck all cos the button for PQRS disnae work. :( I've dried the phone aff and had the back aff to try and fix it but it's in need o' a new mobile phone I reckon...

Noo, I cannae text feck all cos the button for PQRS disnae work. :( I've dried the phone aff and had the back aff to try and fix it but it's in need o' a new mobile phone I reckon...

Mobile phones?

Rite pain in the erse sometimes,

Ye'd think someone would make waterproof ones...well alcohol proof at least.

Back
Top Bottom