Headlight pro

Mad Paddy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
How can you tell the difference between normal headlight and headlight pro on the 1300gs ?
on my 1250gs you could see light beam moving when switched on

How can you tell the difference between normal headlight and headlight pro on the 1300gs ?
there's £460 less in your bank account if you chose headlight Pro & you have a crap headlight . :-(

Last edited:
I’ve not tried mine yet, didn’t spec the headlight pro as I hardly ever ride at night

TMF seems happy with it, although he doesn’t seem to be sure which version is on his loan bike, he’s used to a 1200 LED headlight

Zap to 13 mins….

I’ve not tried mine yet, didn’t spec the headlight pro as I hardly ever ride at night

TMF seems happy with it, although he doesn’t seem to be sure which version is on his loan bike, he’s used to a 1200 LED headlight

Zap to 13 mins….

Headlight Pro comes with the Tramuntana spec according to the UK configurator, so he should have it.

Last edited:

Zap to 13 mins….

Yeh, had a look at the video and it does show the block pattern of the light beam with dark unlit lines going down the hedge rows at the side. But doesn't really use it on more open roads to see it fully.

Headlight Pro comes with the Tramuntana spec according to the UK configurator, so he should have it.
Not sure anyone knows what the £460 headlight pro actually gives us in practice??. Certainly isn't like matrix headlights in cars where it blanks out only blocks of light to prevent dazzling other traffic but lights up the areas around them. Of course the bike can't do that because it doesn't have a camera, so is headlight pro just a con ??. What is the basic non headlight pro like in comparison?. Has anyone been out in the dark with the standard non pro version and how do they compare.

Not sure anyone knows what the £460 headlight pro actually gives us in practice??.
I found out what the Pro light gives you; --- a cornering light which lights up the inside of the bend as you corner but if you already have the optional BMW Aux lights (fog lights) you hardly notice the Pro cornering light adding anything as the Aux lights already light the area.

I found out what the Pro light gives you; --- a cornering light which lights up the inside of the bend as you corner but if you already have the optional BMW Aux lights (fog lights) you hardly notice the Pro cornering light adding anything as the Aux lights already light the area.

Turn your Aux lights off :D

Back
Top Bottom