Help please

MRDDD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi help required
My rt1250rt has gone into the dealership for a sos button update
Since they have rest the sos button I can’t link my phone to the bike
Can someone help in which order ; do I link the phone to the helmet first or helmet it screen can some type in the order of what to do first please

Hi help required
My rt1250rt has gone into the dealership for a sos button update
Since they have rest the sos button I can’t link my phone to the bike
Can someone help in which order ; do I link the phone to the helmet first or helmet it screen can some type in the order of what to do first please
Generally you link everything to the TFT and go from there. I know peeps do it differently but that’s how I do it.

Posted on BMWLT

1. DELETE ALL PAIRINGS:

a. HELMET: Switch the BMW or compatible SENA communicator ON (press the center button and the “+” button simultaneously and you will hear “Hello” in the helmet speakers). Go to the helmet’s “Configuration Menu” (press and hold the center button until you hear “Configuration Menu” and release). Select “delete all pairings” by pressing the “+” button repeatedly until you hear “delete all pairings” and execute “delete all pairings” by pressing the center button. Switch the BMW communicator OFF (press center button and + button simultaneously and you will hear “Goodbye”).

b. BIKE: Switch bike ON, go to Settings > Connections > Delete Connections and delete all pairings on the bike. Switch bike OFF

c. PHONE: Go to the Bluetooth menu on the iPhone, turn Bluetooth ON, delete any and all helmet pairings and all “BMW Motorrad XXXXX” (bike) pairings on the phone.

2. PAIR EVERYTHING

a. Pair BIKE with PHONE
i. Turn on bike (wait > 1 minute since it was last turned off to make sure the ECU has powered down and saved all data correctly)
ii. Go to Settings > Connections on the TFT and wait until the Connections menu on the bike becomes available Page 3 of 7
iii. On the iPhone go to the Bluetooth menu and turn Bluetooth ON (Settings > Bluetooth). Note that the iPhone will only be visible in the Bike’s Connections menu when the Bluetooth menu is visible on the iPhone
iv. In the bike’s Connections menu select “Mobile device” and “Pair new mobile device”. Wait until the iPhone’s Bluetooth name is shown on the TFT screen and start the pairing process by selecting the phone on the TFT screen (do not start the pairing process by selecting the TFT’s Bluetooth name on the phone).
v. Wait until pairing process has finished, make sure that all rights which are requested on the phone (e.g. contact download) are granted.
vi. The phone is now paired and connected to the bike

b. Pair BIKE With HELMET (BMW Communicator) BMWs Com U1 and Fit-For-All Communicators are used as specific examples in this guidance and both have been used by the author. Both are made by SENA. Several other SENA communicators (50R, 50S, 30K, SRL Mesh, SC2, SC1 Advanced, and newer versions of the 20S) are also fully compatible as previously noted. Other brands of communicators may be similar and adaptable but will not be fully compatible with all of BMWs features.

i. Bike should still be ON
ii. Turn HELMET ON by pressing the center button and the “+” button simultaneously for approximately 2 sec (you will hear “hello” in the Helmet speakers)
iii. Press and hold the center button until you hear “Configuration Menu” and release the center button (before the next option is stated). If you have another make of Communicator you will need to refer to the communicator manual to find out how to access that specific communicator’s “Configuration Menu”. It may be called something else, so check the manual.
iv. Shortly press the “+” button once, you should hear “Phone Pairing”. The helmet system is now ready to be paired. NOTE that this does NOT mean that you are pairing your iPhone, rather you are pairing the BIKE to the HELMET communicator “like a phone.”
v. In the connections menu on the TFT (Settings > Connections on the TFT screen) choose “Rider’s helmet” and then select “Pair new rider’s helmet”. The TFT should find the helmet. Select the helmet’s name in the list on the TFT screen and wait until the helmet is paired. PHONE, HELMET, AND TFT ARE NOW PAIRED AND READY FOR USE

Important Notes:1. The most common mistake that is made in the pairing process is to pair your HELMET with your PHONE. While this may have worked for you in the past to listen to music (on a bike without a TFT), it will NOT work on the R1250RTs or other BMWs that have the 10.5” TFT systems. There are no exceptions to this and if you pair your phone to your helmet you will have a variety of Page 4 of 7problems including disappearing maps, dropped phone calls, issues with media playback, volume control issues (or no volume). It will not work, no matter how hard you try. Refer to Figure 1 for a schematic of the proper system setup.2. If you decide to pair your HELMET directly with your iPhone, for example if you want to ride another bike that does not have a BMW TFT system and you’d like to hear music directly from your phone, it will be necessary to delete all pairings on your HELMET and pair it with your phone. The next time you want to ride your R1250RT you will then have to delete all pairings on your HELMET and pair it it again with your TFT when you want to ride your 1250RT again.3. Review your phone’s settings to make sure that you do not have conflicts between your bike’s Wi-Fi and your home or other Wi-Fi system(s).

Back
Top Bottom