HEX ezCAN on a Hexhead

Burger my friend don’t get me wrong if my daughter’s Paul fancies flishy flash things who am I to stop him.
I’m retired and not exactly flush with spare cash and really the bike is a luxury but I’ve had bikes since 1964 and it’s part of my life. I’ve got to somehow budget bikey with my little pension so spending over £200 on something I did for a few quid is I’m afraid a no no. I like to mess around and after years of putting things right work wise and boatie and bike as well I get a buzz from doing it myself plus it’s not rocket science and hey it all still works. Not today though there’s three feet of snow here in the far North.

Good for you. I got it to ensure I was giving out the correct amount of light in any given driving scenario to ensure that I can not only see, but more importantly can be seen far better, any time night or day, front or rear. For that, it’s worth every penny.

If the options available to me can be replicated by a bunch of relays, wires, then good on ya I say.

If anyone has any questions about what it can do, how to get one or whatever, let me know.

This thread is starting to feel a bit like when I got my first GSA with ESA fitted and all the 1150 riders were telling me that it was the devils own work

As they say each to there own,

That makes it worth having right there. Can it flip LEDs from between (eg) 10% & 100% when main beam goes on?

I tried that with a relay and LED dimmer strip but all it did was reset the dimmer to 100%.

Yes it can

That makes it worth having right there. Can it flip LEDs from between (eg) 10% & 100% when main beam goes on?

I tried that with a relay and LED dimmer strip but all it did was reset the dimmer to 100%.

Yes it does !

Latest software update also allows you to change light intensity simply by using the function button as I don’t have the rotawheel thingy of the wc’s

That's quite clever.

This is the rundown on new update. Beta testing at the moment

Also head that they are almost there for importation to uk so they should be easier to get

| Light control works like this for R1200 and F800:
|
| * Hold in info button for 5s to enter dimming - front aux lights will flash when dimming mode is entered
| * Click the info button to cycle through brightness settings. It will make the lights brighter in 10% increments until 100% and then cycle back down to 0%.
| * Dimming mode will time out when the info button is not clicked for 10s
| * To toggle the front lights on and off, hold the info button for 7s. At 5s the lights will flash (when entering dimming mode), and after 7s the front lights will toggle off.
| * If you want to turn off all your auxiliary lights (front + brake), hold in the info button for 10s. Horn and accessory outputs will function as usual, but all light functionality will be disabled. Brake light is a temporary disable until the ignition is cycled. Lights can be turned on again using the on/off toggle functionality (i.e. hold info button for 7s)
|

It would be more useful to have the spots dim (daylight mode) when dipped beam is on but go to full power when main beam is on.
They probably need part dimmed for daylight, fully dimmed to avoid dazzle at night and 100% when main beam is on. Who knows how the system would know when it’s night time.

It would be more useful to have the spots dim (daylight mode) when dipped beam is on but go to full power when main beam is on.
They probably need part dimmed for daylight, fully dimmed to avoid dazzle at night and 100% when main beam is on. Who knows how the system would know when it’s night time.
They do currently

It uses the ambient light sensor in the dash to detect night and day

That makes the EZ CAN into a far more useful product.
U5/U7 Long range spots are ridiculously cheap (buy two or more sets as spares). Then cut out the multifunction chip (see YouTube). That’s perfect for main beam but needs to be much lower light if used as daylights. Even 25% is still on the sharp side. Even less is needed at night on dip beam.
The low power functions must be automatic to the rider as accidentally leaving them on full blast is nasty to oncoming traffic.

That makes the EZ CAN into a far more useful product.
U5/U7 Long range spots are ridiculously cheap (buy two or more sets as spares). Then cut out the multifunction chip (see YouTube). That’s perfect for main beam but needs to be much lower light if used as daylights. Even 25% is still on the sharp side. Even less is needed at night on dip beam.
The low power functions must be automatic to the rider as accidentally leaving them on full blast is nasty to oncoming traffic.

Light levels can be set and they do auto switch

I run 40% day

20% night - auto activated when dash lights up in low light conditions

100% on full beam

Every level can be altered to suit what you want

I can also now alter the light levels whilst riding by pressing my function button on the handle bars

All very useful stuff.

I have 70mm dia angel rings around the spot lamps. These run at constant brightness with dipped beam but at 5 watts (or) less are not excessively bright.

The spots only light with main beam.

The EZ-CAN options are far more elegant.

If you go for the cheap U5/7 long range spots be sure to get the type that can have the multi functions disabled. Look on YouTube.
They have a gimmick using a quick button press to cycle between strobe, 50% and 100%.
50% is still too bright and strobe is probably illegal.

Back
Top Bottom