How much???

Look beyond the list price and you’ll see some pretty decent discounts including the full luggage package. Obsolete?? Who wants to be a beta tester for the 1300? I bought a 1200 TC GSA in 2013, that was obsolete and I got a blinding deal that ran for 65k before I sold it and it’s still going strong!!
That said I won’t deny it’s bloody expensive but I saw one in the flesh yesterday and it’s a damn fine looking bike. If you can afford it and it makes you smile why not

Bit of rose tinted specs going on here

In 1979 the average UK salary was around £3500. A premium European motorcycle cost around £2800 for a Ducati 900 or Laverda Jota and £3300 for a BMW R100RS http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/priceguides.htm

In 2023, average UK salary is over £30k so not a lot of difference really, is there?
when you look at disposable income im sure the difference will be far greater than you think

you'd literally have to be a dick to pay £23,300 for just a GS with a few extra's.....

Obviously, they'll sell like hotcakes

Those that can, will. Those that cannot will save themselves £9K and buy an outgoing 1200 TE with full luggage and every farkle you can think of on a bike which can be found with ultra low miles on. There's so many to chose from I can see the LE model referenced only being of interest to the well healed who specifically give tuppence that it's an LE (which sometimes means a few extra packages thrown in an a "special" colour scheme).

With the mentality most GS owners have, the fact its the model before the 1300 is a bonus.
The "Oh the 1300s are shit, i prefer the old 1250" brigade will make it so.

1250 are shit i prefer the 1200
1200 are shit i prefer the 1150 etc etc repeat all the way back to 1980
As a 1250GSA rider…..I do still prefer the 1150 😂

That’s a statement
I let a chap hear an hour on mine the other week
He didn’t hate it and thought it handled well for its size
It’s true JB. Whilst the 1250 is a more modern, far more powerful, better braked machine, it still lacks that front end solidity of the 1150. I dare say I’m a fair bit quicker on the 1250, but it’s how a bike makes you feel, and I think I was happier on the 1150.

I still miss the Harley though, I think the challenge of riding something must be part of the fun for me, modern bikes are too disconnected.

Still love my GS, but I’ve loved every GS I’ve ever owned, the one I’d have back out of all of them is my old 650 Dakar 👍

I asked a mechanic at BMW why they keep making the engines bigger, and not concentrate on same engine sizes with less weight.

he said its because of the law changes, BMW are trying to get the same power while also staying under the emissions and MPG conundrum?
he said anyone who is happy with less power for less weight will buy an 800.

Not sure i believe him, BMW started upsizing the GS from the mid 90s when non of this clean air crap was a thing

Back
Top Bottom