I blame Giles.....

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There I was browsing Gile's thread about his hols to the Pyrenees and I spotted the bit about sos del reay catolico and read more, it's a place I want to go (missed it last year when Humvee went:blast) - but I will go one day, maybe next year

Found this pic

untitled.jpg

Inspiring, isn't it and thus inspired by Giles I decided to get out for the day

Freshly cleaned and polished from last month's trip to the Schwarzwald, with the sun shining brightly in the sky and being a weekday the Dales would only be filled by its inhabitants

The route was a familiar one, well trodden by me and would take me from home to Leyburn>Grinton>Reeth>Gunnerside>Muker and over Buttertubs Pass to Hawes, then back home via Aysgarth>West Witton>Middleham>Masham

So after getting the bike and wallet re-filled in Masham, it was ready to go

The roads were deserted, the air crisp and the sun was high in the sky..............glorious autumnal weather

After Leyburn, I headed over Grinton Moor

IMG_3069.jpg

Black on Black

IMG_3070.jpg

The pretty Swaledale village of Reeth, away over the fell in the distance

IMG_3072.jpg

Pausing before Reeth, in Fremington...................I stopped for lunch at the Dales Bike Centre, a great find if you like homemade and homecooked food

Plenty of parking and a great cafe, serving great snadwiches and cakes, plus some fare that will please the motorcyclists too, like bacon rolls etc

Me - I had a Tuna sandwich, with coleslaw and salad

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

Well worth a stop, if you're in the area

http://www.dalesbikecentre.co.uk/index.php/cafe/

Great view of the limestone scar, Fremington Edge

IMG_3076.jpg

Swaledale, at it's finest -a typical view with stone barns & walls

IMG_3078.jpg

Over Buttertubs Pass and the view over Swaledale

IMG_3084.jpg

Into Hawes and it was Market day.....................so busy,busy - but only a lucky few bikes out today

IMG_3088.jpg

You see some random stuff out on your travels - this near the Pennygarth Cafe

IMG_3087.jpg

Not every town has it's own waterfall

DalesOct2012.jpg

A short, but satisfying ride.......................all the same

Maybe a bit of trailriding tomorrow

Nice one JB 👍

Sue & misen heading for the Yorkshire Wolds tomorrow (Wednesday) for a few hours out on the 650's :D

:beerjug:

Sos del Rey Catolico is a nice place, not the liveliest of towns, but surrounded by great roads and scenery. I've stayed in the Parador there and it is my second favourite!

Of course, the scenery up near you looks quite good too, JB. :thumb2

:clap Ha ha ...

Coolio!! That made me chuckle. Some of those shots of swaledale are just like the lush valley floors I've come from :thumb2

All power to the forum JB :beerjug:

You have some great roads up there JB. We had a night in Whashton last year, but had to make it a flying visit as we were on the way to Scotland.:blast The plan is to explore your neck of the woods in more detail next year.:beerjug:

Into Hawes and it was Market day.....................so busy,busy - but only a lucky few bikes out today

IMG_3088.jpg

That's busy? :eek: I dunno, these country folk have no idea ;)

........and ta for the piccies of Swaledale, Amanda and I ended up there by chance a couple of years ago and wanted to head back into that area sometime again but I had no idea where it was - beautiful part of the country :thumb2

Andres

There I was browsing Gile's thread about his hols to the Pyrenees and I spotted the bit about sos del reay catolico and read more, it's a place I want to go (missed it last year when Humvee went:blast) - but I will go one day, maybe next year

Found this pic

untitled.jpg

You definitely drew the short straw on that trip JB, Mark, Gerry and I covered some miles over the 3 days but they were fast, fun and scenic miles, Sos Del Ray Catolico is a lovely little town set in fantastic countryside, as you say maybe next year ........ ;)

Nice report and pics by the way, it's nice to get out and about and ride great roads in your own back yard from time to time, I might do just that this coming weekend :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom