Innovv K5 Dashcam Install Locations

We Make Life A Ride

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm about to hit the buy button on an Innovv K5. It looks to be a significant upgrade from the K3 but the only thing putting me off is how they have intergrated the front camera into the actual DVR module making it a really chunky monkey to mount on the front of a 1250 GSA. Theres a few install vids on YT of peeps putting them on the mount above the headlight and Teapotone has mounted his using velcro under the front grill.

As I'm looking at my bike it's occurred to me that I could potentially mount it in the way I would if I was in a car. Behind the screen. I could maybe fashion a breacjet to have it hang down from the satnav prep bar or even cme up from below the screen. Wondering why no one has thought of this already. Is there not enough space perhaps? Hard to tell without having the unit in my hand.

Anyone have any insights?

I'm just about to pull the trigger as well on one. Have you looked a the new K6. Although it says it needs usb portable power as far as I'm aware it can be hardwired. The beauty of this system is the front camera is much smaller even though it has all the techy stuff inside and the front camera is a 2k. The k6 is also cheaper.
Not trying to hijack your thread just wanted to give you the heads up of an alternative.
I'm gonna ring them early next week with a list of questions ,one of which is the power issue. If your willing to wait I'll post the answers here to you
Cheers
Dub 24

Interesting. Yeah I looked at the K6. I think there are two versions. One for pedal bike and one for motorbike. The latter hardwired. The SD card slot is still in the front camera housing tho so still have the mounting issue i.e. it must be somewhere accessible.

The recoding quality looks quite good though. Be interested to hear what Innovv say. Thanks.

Loads of videos on A Bike Things YouTube channel. He fitted a K5 with the front camera on the back under the rack which allowed access to the card slot.

If you are looking to but checkout www.motowales.co.uk they'll install as well if you want it. I know Roger has a K5 on their demo bike.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Loads of videos on A Bike Things YouTube channel. He fitted a K5 with the front camera on the back under the rack which allowed access to the card slot.

If you are looking to but checkout www.motowales.co.uk they'll install as well if you want it. I know Roger has a K5 on their demo bike.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Yeah thanks for that. I've seen the ABT video. Interesting take on installation, a few people have actually done that but it's probably not for me. Else what's the point of spending the extra and having 4k quality.

I can vouch for Motowales and agree they'd do an excellent job but happy enough going it alone with install on this one.

I have gone down the Gopro mini route with a remote control mounted on the mirror. For what I need - think it will do the job perfectly. I had the K2 previously, and found file transfer extremely slow and flakey. the Gopro automatically uploads footage to the cloud when on charge if you pay the £25 a year sub for it. And of course you can remove it and use it elsewhere...

Attachments

• IMG_20231226_105923.jpg
    IMG_20231226_105923.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20231215_101751.jpg
    IMG_20231215_101751.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20231229_134919.jpg
    IMG_20231229_134919.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 21
I've got a K5 with the rear mounted through the reflector like A Bike Thing did. On the whole the K5 works well but the wifi transfer to the phone app is painfully slow

I have gone down the Gopro mini route with a remote control mounted on the mirror. For what I need - think it will do the job perfectly. I had the K2 previously, and found file transfer extremely slow and flakey. the Gopro automatically uploads footage to the cloud when on charge if you pay the £25 a year sub for it. And of course you can remove it and use it elsewhere...
I too have GoPro and pay the sub but my issue with this is the constant need to charge. If there was a way to keep it permanently plugged in I'd be really interested. Albeit slightly worried some acroat might come along and nick my GoPro.

I've got a K5 with the rear mounted through the reflector like A Bike Thing did. On the whole the K5 works well but the wifi transfer to the phone app is painfully slow
That's interesting. One of the K5s USPs is supposed to be the file transfer speeds. If you watch RidercamTVs review they rave about it.

I too have GoPro and pay the sub but my issue with this is the constant need to charge. If there was a way to keep it permanently plugged in I'd be really interested. Albeit slightly worried some acroat might come along and nick my GoPro.

That's interesting. One of the K5s USPs is supposed to be the file transfer speeds. If you watch RidercamTVs review they rave about it.
Oh @*()&!!
I had typed a minor rant about having bought a K3 and should have bought a K5 but deleted the "if you're going to buy one then make sure it has fast wifi like the K5" I'll try and edit the original post so as not mislead further

Also just stumbled across this. Reviews are pretty good and quite a few You Tubers also giving the thumbs up to it too

Seems to mostly have everything the K5 has except that Amazon have a fairy hefty deal on it right now making it quite a bit cheaper.

Vanttue F1 4k Motorbike Camera
https://amzn.to/47kvHKa

Camera wise it depends what you want to use it for.

I have both the K3 and K5 units currently fitted on bikes and also have a GoPro 11 which I swap between bikes.

My reason for having the INNOVV units is they are constantly recording traffic at both front and rear of the bike whenever the bike is running and will also activate if the bike is moved when parked up.
The K3 is mounted relatively out of site, at the front behind the instrument panel and at the rear on the rack (tried it in the reflector but found it gave a very narrow almost tunnel vision view, both cameras are 1080p and as has been said is slow to download via wifi, I just take out the micro sd (256 max) and download directly.
The K5 front camera is relatively exposed and could easily be tampered with, but as the micro sd (512 max) has to be accessible for downloading and is part of the 4k front camera (rear 1080p) The rear is in the reflector but is offset, which screws with my head! but on the Hexhead 12 you can't mount it centrally.
If you set the front camera to 1080p resolution (the rear max is 1080p) the downloads are significantly faster than the K3.

With regards to mounting it depends which bike you are wanting to use it on but worth checking on the INNOVV website as they do sell mountings for some newer bikes.

The GoPro can run with a permanent supply and can work in either video OR still mode, you would need two for front and rear cover and you would need to remember to turn them both on.

The INNOVV comes with a wired remote which enables saving video and the taking of still images (right hand mirror stem on last image)

The GoPro has an optional remote which enables the taking of either video OR still images (which ever format you last used) left hand mirror stem on last image

1150 front.jpeg1150 rear.jpeg1200 front.jpeg1200 rear.jpegGo Pro 1150.jpegremotes.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting. Yeah I looked at the K6. I think there are two versions. One for pedal bike and one for motorbike. The latter hardwired. The SD card slot is still in the front camera housing tho so still have the mounting issue i.e. it must be somewhere accessible.

The recoding quality looks quite good though. Be interested to hear what Innovv say. Thanks.
Screenshot_20240102_191214_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20240102_191214_Yahoo Mail.jpgScreenshot_20240102_191243_Yahoo Mail.jpgScreenshot_20240102_191259_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240102_191243_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_191243_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 11
Hey abermac got reply see above
Cheers
Ollie

K6 -2k camera front ,rear 1080p
Field of vision 140°as opposed to 120° on the other models

Back
Top Bottom