Just bought F650GS and would welcome some advice please

Ottery ! That's practically in Wiltshire :D

Says the man who lives practically in Cornwall.:augie:thumb

Re tyres, yes the 150/70 rear does slightly change the dynamics for the better in my view.
Re suspension I have fitted hyperpro , and see my thread on Intiminators.

Had same problem you need to adjust the inverted u bracket as your pannier is either sitting too low or high to locate on the mushroom shaped locator

The only addition that I would recommend , that I dont think has been mentioned ,is to fit a couple of daytime running lights. This makes a huge improvement to on road visability . with all new cars having daytime lights on , a motorcycle with triangulated lights is much easier to pick out !
Also check out Bark Buster hand guards.

The only addition that I would recommend , that I dont think has been mentioned ,is to fit a couple of daytime running lights. This makes a huge improvement to on road visability . with all new cars having daytime lights on , a motorcycle with triangulated lights is much easier to pick out !

Plus one for running lights. I went will Les Wassel on this site. Looking at the small photo I think the bike has BMW handguards fitted already.
Steve

First things I fitted were crash bars and a hid for the dipped beam. Crash bars having seen how they protected my 1200GS when I dropped it and hids to be seen.
Enjoy your riding in East Devon, enjoyed working in Exmouth a few years ago.

Hi, thanks for the advice :)) the previous owner fitted daytime running lights after someone pulled out of a side road in front of him in broad daylight. Will have a look at the handguards. many thanks, Bill

Plus one for running lights. I went will Les Wassel on this site. Looking at the small photo I think the bike has BMW handguards fitted already.
Steve

Previous owner has fitted running lights on the bike Steve. He is a police trained driver/rider and had a very close call when someone pulled out in front of him from a T junction in broad daylight. The bike also has handguards fitted.

Regards, Bill

First things I fitted were crash bars and a hid for the dipped beam. Crash bars having seen how they protected my 1200GS when I dropped it and hids to be seen.
Enjoy your riding in East Devon, enjoyed working in Exmouth a few years ago.

Lights aren't great compared with the VFR which runs two dip and main beams (55w each), will have a look on some of the accessory websites for a dipped beam upgrade. Bike has a set of bars around the engine and gearbox and has had a lot of upgrades :))

I go to Exmouth often for walking and cycling because its about the only flat land in East Devon! Was there last week o see the bulldozers clearing the sand off the promenade road following a large storm it was strange to see the beach minus all the sand dunes.

Regards, Bill

Back
Top Bottom