K1300 - removing the BMW alarm

Nin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks

I have a very nice k1300 which is ideal in every respect apart from having a very irritating and needy BMW alarm fitted.

Can anyone advise - perhaps by PM - how I might permanently disable or remove it safely?

Cheers aye!

Nin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does the bike have TPMS/RDC?

Some bikes shipped with a module having both RDC and DWA but the not necessarily with both enabled depending on what options were ordered.

For example if the bike came with RDC only but a module containing both then the DWA can be activated through coding.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Yep, we have TPMS

And I have GS911, is it codeable through that?

OK but now you need to confirm if the TPMS module is TPMS only or the combination unit.

I suggest looking at its part number and looking it up.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

OK I misread your posts.

For some reason I understood that you wanted to add the DWA (alarm).

Am I correct in understanding that you currently have both RDC and DWA and you just want to eliminate the latter?

If so then I am wondering why. Is it because the alarm is armed whenever you shut off the ignition? If this is the case then it can be reconfigured to only be armed when you choose to do so using the key fob.

No probs, easily done!

I just dislike alarms intensely, every (older) bike I’ve had them fitted they have caused problems. But manual activation might be an option.

IMG_7485.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If you dont have rhe manual , look online via motoraad, the often have a suppliment maual for alarm etc

I have the manual. Would still quite like to remove it mind.

By far the easiest course of action to follow the instructions in the DWA manual to change from being armed aurtomatically to being armed only when you choose to do so with the key fob.

I have never heard of these alarms being problematic but you do have to change the internal backup battery every 10 years or so as well as the battery in the key fob.

If you really want to disable the thing through coding it can be done.

Ok thanks - I’ll see pick with the manual disable/enable for now.

Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom