Lake District Camping 29th June - 9th July 2023

Madmountainman

Reaction score
Ok All, i've been fairly quiet in the last few years, mainly down to Covid and a Divorce, but i'm putting an open invite out for anyone that fancies an ad-hoc camping meet in the Lakes.
I'm camping for 10 nights, covering two weekends, at Turner Hall Camping in Seathwaite, with my first weekend being a mountain biking meet with a couple of friends. I'm then staying a week to ride, hike and motorbike the mountains, so if anyone would like to join in, you know where I am.You're welcome any time, but if you'd like to make a weekend of it, then turn up for the 7th - 9th.

I've not organised anything and i'm not looking for it to become over subscribed, but if anyone fancies a ride out on Saturday the 8th - and it's not pishing down - then i'm happy to lead, or follow if someone local knows a good route. I'm thinking a loop out to the East, via Buttermere, to Penrith and then up to Alston, Middleton in Teesdale and back via Kirkby Stephen and back into the Lakes.

There's a good pub which, according to their website, also does breakfast and has a couple of apartments, but they may already be booked. This is primarily a camping event for a handful of people and I would ask that, if you are attending, to please be respectful to the site owners and show that we can be trusted to run a larger group event.

Should it prove to be a good spot for an event, then a good first impression will go a long way towards helping this become a formal event/meet in 2024.

Before booking anything, will you please register your interest in attending so I can get an idea of numbers and, if it's looking to be popular, I can approach the campsite owners to talk about a group booking for the weekend of the 7th -9th.

Not far from me others including Spike and Ikkje. Maybe meet up whilst you're there for a day out on bikes.,

Sounds a great idea and I'd be up for it had I not already booked in for Eskfesk the same weekend. Situated at the bottom of Hardknott Pass, Woolpack Inn. perhaps 2024 for me.
This is primarily a camping event for a handful of people and I would ask that, if you are attending, to please be respectful to the site owners and show that we can be trusted to run a larger group event.
I'd second this completely, it's my favourite campsite. Like wild camping but facilities attached
Not far from me others including Spike and Ikkje. Maybe meet up whilst you're there for a day out on bikes.,
Agreed but unfortunately not for me this year! :cry:

Just a heads up.
I am starting a new job on the 10th July, so need to get home early to prepare.
With that in mind, if have to head home on the morning of Sat 8th. If anyone fancies a pint Friday night, I’ll be in the pub, but away early.
My pitch is paid up for for the Saturday, so it’s going free if anyne fancies a night away. Just check with the site first that it’s ok to have a night on me.

Back
Top Bottom