Low bike

will

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi looking for bike for wife can you get a factory lowered 650 twin , and how high are they also could we then put low seat as well wife is 5ft tall previously had sportsters but really fancy’s a change , any help would be great 👍

My wife also claims to be 5' and happily rides a factory lowered F650GS (800cc twin) with a low seat. I've also fitted cranked adjustable levers and a shortened gear lever to accommodate her delicate proportions. These are not rare bikes and you'll find one without too much trouble. There was also a factory lowered F650 single, but they're getting on a bit now.

My wife also claims to be 5' and happily rides a factory lowered F650GS (800cc twin) with a low seat. I've also fitted cranked adjustable levers and a shortened gear lever to accommodate her delicate proportions. These are not rare bikes and you'll find one without too much trouble. There was also a factory lowered F650 single, but they're getting on a bit now.
Thanks that’s reassuring there is one on eBay but it has 49k

The one advertised on here is a bargain, and it appears to have the low seat already fitted. Budget for an MoT and new tyres and she'll be on the road for £3k 👍🏾

ps - I've no connection with the seller.

Is a low model the same frame just different suspension?

Is a low model the same frame just different suspension?
... same frame, forks and shock are shorter. Standard centre stand will not fit a factory low bike..

... same frame, forks and shock are shorter. Standard centre stand will not fit a factory low bike..
Thanks so really I could by standard and change shock and low seat , side stand is ok and there won’t be a pillion either

We tried a standard height bike with a low seat, but it was still too high for her confidence. Given that she's ridden a GSA at the off-road school she's not short of bottle, just short of leg. Coming to a controlled stop in traffic or adverse conditions requires full belief in your bike; she gets that from the factory low. I believe there are low versions of the later 700 and 1200 models but I wouldn't know about them.
If you want a trip to Devon you could try Jaq's for size; but it's not mot'd at the moment.

We tried a standard height bike with a low seat, but it was still too high for her confidence. Given that she's ridden a GSA at the off-road school she's not short of bottle, just short of leg. Coming to a controlled stop in traffic or adverse conditions requires full belief in your bike; she gets that from the factory low. I believe there are low versions of the later 700 and 1200 models but I wouldn't know about them.
If you want a trip to Devon you could try Jaq's for size; but it's not mot'd at the moment.
Thanks for offer bit to far from us 👍

Actually on the F650GS twin the only difference between the standard height bike and the lowered version is the rear shock and the sidestand. The front suspension is identical.

This is not the case for the F700GS where there is a difference in the length of the damper rods.

Actually on the F650GS twin the only difference between the standard height bike and the lowered version is the rear shock and the sidestand. The front suspension is identical.

This is not the case for the F700GS where there is a difference in the length of the damper rods.
We have tried a factory lowered 700 and it was still to tall it was 31” seat height

We have tried a factory lowered 700 and it was still to tall it was 31” seat height
The seat height for the F650GS and the F700GS are the same - assuming the same seat.

The seat height of a factory low F650GS with the factory low seat is 765mm (30.1 inches).

Mine has an F900R with low chassis and low seat

The only issue with the low chassis is that it’s not compatible with ESA

A bit left field, but if a low seat is the absolute priority what about a 1200/1250R or RS instead? The low seat on those is 760mm and although heavier than the twins it has a lower C of G so is very easy to handle at low speeds.

Right got bike now still a bit tall just done a vin decoder and it says xo499 lowering so I presume it is factory lowered

Right got bike now still a bit tall just done a vin decoder and it says xo499 lowering so I presume it is factory lowered
Would a pair of Daytona Lady star boots help? They have 25mm insert in them

Back
Top Bottom