M&P Cardiff ... what's going on??

Latest today
BMW KTM and Harley “relocating” to Swansea M&P wef Jan1
Cardiff one building vacated
Servicing stays and second hand sales plus Ducati
What actually happens remains to be seen!
They implied new bmw bike sales and warranty work all to be in Swansea!!

Not Lost it,
They handed it back because of BMW's corporate demands,
M&Ps owner is no mug and wont be dictated to by a brand with unreasonable demands and expectations.
See post 21
The corporate approach can often be a culture shock for bike shops!!
Do you have inside info that brings you to the conclusion that it’s M&P who have bailed on bmw ?

See post 21
The corporate approach can often be a culture shock for bike shops!!
Do you have inside info that brings you to the conclusion that it’s M&P who have bailed on bmw ?
M&P have been around as long as ive been riding Bikes which is 45 years, they have ridden many a recession and upheaval, Like i said mugs they are not,
Everything in the economy is collapsing, my view is its the beginning of the fallout from the madness of spunking all the money on the pandemic, tough times are upon us.

M&P have been around as long as ive been riding Bikes which is 45 years, they have ridden many a recession and upheaval, Like i said mugs they are not,
Everything in the economy is collapsing, my view is its the beginning of the fallout from the madness of spunking all the money on the pandemic, tough times are upon us.

I see there some dealers with unsold stock of the 1300GS, for immediate delivery & registration
That’s slightly worrying ….for a much vaunted new model & indicates they are short of punters for bums on seats
Wouldn’t have happened 12-18 months ago, especially with the ‘silver’ pound buying

I see there some dealers with unsold stock of the 1300GS, for immediate delivery & registration
That’s slightly worrying ….for a much vaunted new model & indicates they are short of punters for bums on seats
Wouldn’t have happened 12-18 months ago, especially with the ‘silver’ pound buying
Could that be down to the time of year? Why spend all that money now if you won’t get chance to ride much due to weather etc.

Not Lost it,
They handed it back because of BMW's corporate demands,
M&Ps owner is no mug and wont be dictated to by a brand with unreasonable demands and expectations.

How have they done that then if Swansea are keeping up the franchise - Same place innit ?

How have they done that then if Swansea are keeping up the franchise - Same place innit ?
Dunno, maybe the owner is playing brinkmanship with Bmw, interesting to see what happens though.

Cardiff Bay Motorrad exists as a separate entity that has the BMW contract in Cardiff so they can close down that business without affecting the parent in Swansea. https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06820707

If you look up M&P Direct and then the directors you will see they have several companies listed in the motorcycle sector to protect their assets if one business fails. All above board of course but there was a major fire and the odd bankruptcy in the past. I think they have come close to being another Carnell or Motorcycle City in the past, after opening several branches only to find it wasn't quite the same as running a big mail order business. One hopes they have not repeated those mistakes from 20+ years ago. The core business as a major wholesaler and retailer of accessories & parts is sound.

Cardiff Bay Motorrad exists as a separate entity that has the BMW contract in Cardiff so they can close down that business without affecting the parent in Swansea. https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06820707

If you look up M&P Direct and then the directors you will see they have several companies listed in the motorcycle sector to protect their assets if one business fails. All above board of course but there was a major fire and the odd bankruptcy in the past. I think they have come close to being another Carnell or Motorcycle City in the past, after opening several branches only to find it wasn't quite the same as running a big mail order business. One hopes they have not repeated those mistakes from 20+ years ago. The core business as a major wholesaler and retailer of accessories & parts is sound.
Interesting link. Thanks for the reply’s. 👍

Well the collect and return service worked!
Bike back today with new switchgear under extended warranty
Van driver really good
Happy it’s back as the changes at M&P take effect 1 jan
There a a few people at Cardiff branch that have been fine I hope changes don’t mean they are out of a job

Back
Top Bottom