MCC Edinburgh Trial

Just signed up. Class O this time. I think I may have been too adventurous at the LET.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks for posting Ian. Bit of an odd question, roughly what time and where is the finish?

Thanks for posting Ian. Bit of an odd question, roughly what time and where is the finish?

Finish is usually about 1200-1300 (on the Saturday) at a pub on the A515 south of Buxton. The Edinburgh is shorter than the LE (<200 miles). I've ridden back on the same day (after a power nap) and it's about 100 miles back to Worcs.

Finish is usually about 1200-1300 (on the Saturday) at a pub on the A515 south of Buxton. The Edinburgh is shorter than the LE (<200 miles). I've ridden back on the same day (after a power nap) and it's about 100 miles back to Worcs.

Thanks. :thumb

Now to work out the family logistics. :D

Any more GSers entering? Entries close on 31st July :rob

Come on, join in, with your big off road bikes. You can enter in Class O if you want the easier version (like me :thumb ).

Ian we should really get a GSer teams together for different classes next year. What do you think?

Just signed up on the spur of the moment for the Exeter Trial in January - hope to get along next week to see the Edinburgh and find out what I have let myself in for...

I didn't get very far on this trial.

I got to the first big roundabout (A5/A38) and pulling away, changed into 2nd gear and my clutch cable snapped. No spare (lesson learned).

Managed to ride my bike to my parents in Lichfield, woke them up at 5.00am.

I was sitting having a cup of tea within 30 minutes of my start time! Had a bit of a kip and towed my bike back in the morning. My dad has a tow bar adapter to put the front wheel in, and you strap the handlebars to it. Lichfield to Nottingham, gently, took about an hour.

Could have been worse, my mate (who completed the course) was going round with his brother who fell off on the last off road section and broke his leg.

I think I got off lightly.

Hi Tufty,

Sorry to hear of your mishap - clutch cable is indeed an essential spare.

I fared better but didn't get the award I wanted - I was up for a Triple but messed up a restart :blast

Never mind, entry for the Exeter will go in tonight, hope to see you there (class C?) and a few other GSers.

Btw I bumped into your mate on the way home who told me all about his brother's mishap - unusual to see an injury like that on an MCC trial.

Cheers,

Ian.

Hi Ian,

He said he'd met you. He'd also admired your competent off-road technique. (no joke)

I'm still contemplating entering the Exeter. If I do, it will be on a different bike altogether and certainly won't be in class C or O.

Tufty

I see two motorcyclists had separated falls and suffered broken legs on Dudwood; hope they both make good recoveries - feel glad I have entered O class for the Exeter, although it does seem to be a rare event on MCC events.

Back
Top Bottom