Reaction score
Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
Moto Plus sarl
86 Rue Hadj Ammar Riffi, Mers-Sultan, Casablanca 20120
05 22 20 38 15 (+212 522 20 38 15)

Mr Houssine Benouiz, Purchasing Manager
06 63 03 84 10 (+212 663 03 84 10)

email: motoplus@menara.ma - motoplus.ma@hotmail.com

For a long time I've listed MotoPlus in Casablanca in the Morocco Knowledgebase as a source of motorbike spares, but until my last trip I had never visited the shop.

I desperately needed a new rear tyre and rear brake pads for the Tenere, so headed out from Marrakech on the motorway to Casablanca. I had a rough idea of where Moto Plus was, and I later found my guestimated waypoint was only 200m out, but in Casablanca's gridlocked maze of one-way streets I might as well have been on the dark side of the moon.

To find Moto Plus you need three waypoints. If you are coming from Marrakech or the south you need to enter Casablanca on Boulevard Mohammed IV which is N33 34.895 W7 36.135. From there find your way (good luck!) to the bottom end of Rue Hadj Ammar Riffi at N33 35.240 W7 36.999 From there head south east down the one-way Ammar Riffi to the third waypoint which is the shop itself at N33 35.149 W7 36.854.

I had an introduction from Réda at Locoformotos who had telephoned in advance, and I was met by Houssine Benouiz, Moto Plus's purchasing manager, who delighted in showing me the stockholding in the retail shop, then took me to the two closest warehouses they maintain for the distribution side of the business.

Moto Plus supplies the vast majority of bike/scooter/moped outlets in Morocco and to give you an idea of the scale of the operation I saw boxes of chains which were packaged 25 to the box. Five pallets along the wall had something like 850 boxes in total which means they were holding stock of over 21,000 chains!

Then I saw the tyre storage cellar. It was like an Aladdin's cave! I have never seen so many motorbike tyres in one place. I needed a offroad rear tyre and in the size I needed (130/80 x 17) Moto Plus had four Sahara 3 tyres and six Karoos. The Karoo was a good match with the TKC front, so I went with that which was fitted by their staff, as were the new brake pads, oil filter and other parts. They also had some keenly priced winter gloves which I snapped up.

Houssine told me that if anyone needs help in Morocco to call him on his mobile phone (shown above) and the parts can be shipped to you by the CTM bus network or grand taxi.

Highly recommended. Pictures below are of the retail operation.
Tim

Attachments

• moto-plus-exterior.jpg
    moto-plus-exterior.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,755
  • moto-plus-interior.jpg
    moto-plus-interior.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 3,196

Back
Top Bottom