Nav V - SENA - iPhone Bluetooth config fix

Sprocket Square

Reaction score
Just in case anyone has experienced any issues, mine was working fine until new firmware updates from Sena and Garmin were installed last week.

Old config: Sena paired to Nav V, phone paired to Sena. No phone paired to Nav V.
=
Phone: streams music audio + calls direct to Sena.
Nav V: streams nav audio to Sena.
Then this stopped working and the Nav V wouldn't allow it - kept unpairing Sena if I paired my phone to Sena. I know audio cant go through Nav V but I didnt need to, as it was going straight to Sena but then the Nav V got 'funny'.

After much playing and experimenting, once I deselected 'Media streaming' for the device on Nav V, and left only 'phone audio', it worked. But I had to change the handshake sequence.

New config: Nav V switch on first. Pair Sena to Nav, and then pair phone to Nav. Then pair phone to Sena.
Now all devices say dual pair and all audio from all sources.
Oddly the SENA app on the phone says its not paired (but it bloody is because music is playing fine).
It's as if the Nav V now just 'wants a piece of the action' and was feeling left out - weird.

Good bit of detective work that. I wish I had your patience...:thumb

what SENA model please is this ? also I have heard of some issues with the iPhone 7 ,are you on that ? The iPhone 6 seemed to work ok when ever it received apple updates or the Sena received new Firmware

what SENA model please is this ? also I have heard of some issues with the iPhone 7 ,are you on that ? The iPhone 6 seemed to work ok when ever it received apple updates or the Sena received new Firmware

I've had a good experience thus far as well, but this is the first time something went weird, hence why I thought I'd flag it.
After the updates I made a call and the phone just wouldn't work through the Sena.
It's a shame as the SENA app has a "save paring list" option which would be nice to use if the phone recognised it.
Well at least it all works now.

Another tip: before you pair anything, go in to the Nav V audio mixer and turn all the volumes down, as I have to have my SENA turned all the way up as the speakers are naff, so the Nav V audio (which is now music and calls) is really loud when it cuts in.

While on the subject of SENA and iPhone how do I activate Siri?

Phone connected to Nav VI, Sena 10S connected to Nav VI. The usual button on the SENA no longer activates Siri.

Back
Top Bottom