New to Basecamp need some help!

Pale Rider

Reaction score
Hi as the title suggests I’m both new to using Basecamp and struggling with it, ok I’m preparing a trip around Devon and Cornwall and have created three separate routes, one for each day of the trip but when I think I have finished the route I then send it to my Garmin Zumo 595 as suggested by EZ moto Tim in his YouTube video tutorials and when it has sent i get a message at the top of the screen saying “Routes sent to zumo 595 were recalculated because they was created on a map that is not installed on that device “ (surely they should have used the word were rather than was). Anyhow I get the message and part (only a small part) of each route is altered slightly, so my first question is what is going on here and how can I correct it?

Secondly, I can save the gpx files to send to others in our group but when i test email them to myself I open them only to see the whole Basecamp suite with all my other stuff on there, the same as I’ve been working on so again what am I doing wrong here and how can i put it right?
Thanks chaps.

have you used Garmin Express to sync the map data to your computer?

what you see in Basecamp when opening a GPX file is normal. Basecamp has a file structure that will archive everything you do. The people sharing your route will not see the archive and working files on your system.

maps.jpg

The map you are using on basecamp needs to match the version of the map you are using on your device. Check above menu dropdown on basecamp and on your device. When you open the GPX file on your e-mail the default programme for that type of file is your basecamp suite so the whole think opens up. For them it will open and display the file on their software be it basecamp or otherwise.

Morning guys. Ok my nav is up to date with maps but on Basecamp on my pc it only has city navigator NTU 2022 and it looks like I need NTU 2024, but how can I download it??? I mean i go on Garmin site and the latest version is 4.7.5 ? So i press download and eventually get a Garmin box with two options, close or uninstall so obviously that’s for something else right?

As Wessie said above use garmin express to sync your unit with the new maps. Also in garmin express select the option to load the maps on your computer. This will mean that the map 2024.1 will appear on the dropdown list in Basecamp.

Express1.jpg
First Screen Garmin Express
See if updates are avaliable for your Device

Express 2.jpg
Click on options for the main map

Express 3.jpg

Select the option to load the map onto your computer. The version on your device and the computer will be synced.

Express 4.jpg

As Wessie said above use garmin express to sync your unit with the new maps. Also in garmin express select the option to load the maps on your computer. This will mean that the map 2024.1 will appear on the dropdown list in Basecamp.
Excellent thanks I think I’ve got it!

Back
Top Bottom