New to Me 2003 K1200GT (in line 4)

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just bought this bike as this years winter ride

I got the train from Hexham up to Inverness and collected the bike from Portnockie

I then stayed overnight in Buckie and then rode the 400 miles or so back home the next day via Fort Augustus , Fort William , Glencoe , Tyndrum , Glasgow and Carlisle

The bike ran great with no issues whatsoever and the sun even shined and I missed the rain showers

Originally a Californian bike so very little corrosion

Fitted with heated grips , heated seat , cruise and an electric screen

The i-ABS was still functioning but I have removed it as preventative maintenance as it is more "when" it will fail rather than "if" it will fail

If any one wants a working i-ABS pump , less the electronic box (as I have removed that to use to get lights etc) let me know

I also removed the charcoal canister which is fitted to US bikes

I'm now fitting new braided brake hoses and giving it a full service and my usual extensive "check over"

That's a beauty, I assume it was a nice clean bike when purchased, after all you cannot polish a turd to that extent.

And you did what a lot off people say here..You Travelled too get a bike
Rather than the........

If only you were closer I would have bought it...

Nice bike but a winter hack..?..

And you did what a lot off people say here..You Travelled too get a bike
Rather than the........

If only you were closer I would have bought it...

Nice bike but a winter hack..?..
I will always travel for the right bike , this time the Scottish Highlands , last time Cornwall , we live on a small island and distance really cant be used as an excuse , in any case its part of the adventure

My idea of a winter hack , see post above LOL

Back
Top Bottom