New Tyres

sandrider

Reaction score
At present I have a set of Mitas E-08's on my 07 Gsa. Looking for a change going to be touring a lot of western Europe in the summer mostly road but may take a few trails if time permits. Recommendations as to what would suit please.

straight in - why not check other posts first

I run Conti Trail Attack 3s. Excellent all round, get the V rated ones as they come with 2mm more tread and last longer. I reckon I’ll get 8K out of the rear and 10K or more out of the front, judging how they’re wearing this far.

^^^^ this. Very happy with my CTA3s. Sadly the rear has got very squared off, (too much commuting) and now tramlines uncomfortably, but still has loads of tread. The grip has always been excellent.

Try the road 6 ,they dropped the trial name suffix .

I’ve had a Trailmax Mission on the rear for a lot of miles - I’ll have to check when I’m home and update but there’s still plenty left on it.
As a caveat, most of my mileage was at a steady speed.
They are very hard, which is good for longevity but not for wet conditions. I prefer K60s for wet roads - obviously K60s also have their limitations.
Any slippery surface showed their limitations - just slight mud and they were hopeless.
Great for gravel and dry rocky tracks.

I want longevity but would go back to K60s as imho they’re slightly better overall.

I’m going to go with the Trailmax Raid for my next trip as I’m happy to give up a little mileage for extra grip this time around.

Quote Reply

gspod

Well-known member​

UKGSer Subscriber
Not sure if anyone is interested in this thread anymore but, just in case:
This Trailmax Mission has done just over 20K miles.
As I said they were, mostly, slow miles but a good mixture of surfaces.

Attachments​

• IMG_6051.jpeg
    IMG_6051.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom