Newcastleton Community Bunkhouse

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This looks like it could be very handy for people looking for a base from which to explore the Borders or Dumfries and Galloway. Or as as a stop off for folk riding north from Engerland.

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Or for those of us who no longer have a pied à terre in The Muckle Toon.

I have said I'll show a friend the way down to Samye Ling soon. It'd be about a 330 mile day for him from Perthshire.
He was suggesting we might stay at the Tibbie Shiels Inn as it's owned by a mate of his but I'm not sure if it's open these days...:nenau

This looks like it could be very handy for people looking for a base from which to explore the Borders or Dumfries and Galloway. Or as as a stop off for folk riding north from Engerland.

I was there today, next time I will have a little look
Wetter than an otter’s pocket in Newcastleton this afternoon

rom Perthshire.
He was suggesting we might stay at the Tibbie Shiels Inn as it's owned by a mate of his but I'm not sure if i
The Buccleugh Arms (sp?) in Moffat would be a safer bet, Mike. There was something going on at the Tibbieshiels last time I was down that way - campers etc - but it didn't have the vibe of a commercial operation.

The Buccleugh Arms (sp?) in Moffat would be a safer bet, Mike. There was something going on at the Tibbieshiels last time I was down that way - campers etc - but it didn't have the vibe of a commercial operation.

Buccleuch dear. It's Buccleuch, after the Duke. I spent the first 11 years of my life in one of the old bastard's slum dwellings. Feudalism is alive and well in Dumfriesshire.

Buccleuch dear. It's Buccleuch, after the Duke. I spent the first 11 years of my life in one of the old bastard's slum dwellings. Feudalism is alive and well in Dumfriesshire.
I ken fine who he is. Its the spelling of his title that defeats me. Still, I doubt if he gives a monkey's.

Fantastic area.........Love the Olive tree cafe in Newcastleton.

My late mother was evacuated there during WW2 along with her 3 brothers. My grandfather was station master during the war.

Been there few times before mother passed away. Very poignant tale.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom