Off Road RidingTraining night Weds 14th May North London

mario.costasa

Reaction score
TRF - Monthly Meeting Off Road training night Weds 14th May

Location - Shire Park Social Club
Welwyn Garden City Nearest Post Code AL7 1GB
next to Tesco HQ on the Shire Industrial Park.
2nd Wednesday each month at 7:30 PM

A review of the major training providers in the UK
and the framework that the TRF uses to assess them

A presentation by a long standing TRF member
who runs one of the leading training companies
on their training methodology
and their offer to TRF members

Free to TRF members
Request for a voluntary donation from non TRF members to the fighting fund to keep the lanes open

At i2i we do 3 things:
Explain techniques in a way that makes sense
Help riders understand and reduce instinctive reactions
Change your behaviour to transform your riding.

A brief intro to who the i2i Motorcycle Academy are, and what makes them different.

Tom Killeen will present how a partnership would work well from his point of view and talk about principles of riding to include physics of the machine, the riders part and how our minds actually make riding either really hard or really easy depending on how we feel, which then leads nicely on to why at i2i the mind-set of the rider, or in other words the behaviour of the rider dictates how well or poor a rider will be, but the good news is all of that can not only be changed, it can be transformed to make riding a lot easier and more fun that most riders every think possible.

Advanced Trail Riding

Bike stability exercises
In this section you will learn more about why bikes are inherently stable and how to use body position and throttle control to maximise the stability of your bike. This section contains an exercise to help you learn how your body position affects the stability of (and your confidence in) the bike, when riding over slippery surfaces.

Front wheel skids
In this section you will understand the stories you have created about front wheel slides. Importantly you will learn how to prevent, recognise, induce and control a front wheel skid on a slippery surface.

Rear wheel skids
In the next two sections you will understand the stories you have created about what happens when the back wheel slides and learn how to induce and control a rear wheel skid.

Standing positions in different situations
In this section you will learn how to stand correctly and get the most from the machine by understanding how to maximise your connection, reduce your effort and improve your endurance whilst doing challenging sections off road.

Hill recovery
In this section you will learn how to approach hills with a plan to recover when it goes wrong. By mastering this technique your ability to take on larger hills will be improved.

Wheelies/obstacle avoidance
In this section you will learn how to use advanced techniques to get over tough rocks, tree in your way. A great skill to have.

Steep descents with braking
In this section you will learn how to control the bike whilst on a slope or hill so that you can slow down in order to change direction and decide your next move. Very few riders can brake effectively on the way down!

Forthcoming events

May 14th Improve your riding - Training night
June 11th ROW Training Session Beginner introduction to Rights of Way (ROW) and where to ride
July 11th Budget GPS night
September 10th Graham Field Went To Mongolia!
November 12th Sam Manicom Into Africa http://www.sam-manicom.com/into-africa/

For more ride events this weekend see

http://www.trf.org.uk/forum/

or

https://www.facebook.com/HertsTRF

including the TRF Stig special rides

Follow on Twitter | Friend on Facebook | Forward to Friend
Copyright © 2014 Trail Riders Fellowship Hertfordshire, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email from your previous contact with the Trails Riders Fellowship www.trf.org.uk and /or the the local Herts & North London Group www.hertstrf.org.uk where you have given us your email and asked to stay in contact.

Our mailing address is:
Trail Riders Fellowship Hertfordshire
Shire Park Social Club
Shire Park, Central Drive,
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1GB
United Kingdom

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TRF Off Road training session June 15th & 18th near London

Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

June
Sun 15th / Weds 18th
15th/18th
TRF Off Road training session June 15th & 18th near London
TRF 2014 Safety Fast Programme

TRF Weekend Training Day
Sunday 15th June Near Stevenage
Booking Link for Sunday 15th http://doodle.com/m774gnfmb86pwcct

TRF Midweek Training Day
Wednesday 18th June Near Stevenage
Booking Link for Wednesday 18th http://doodle.com/xqfz39b6yk8apc8s

Professional Training delivered by Tom Killeen
a long standing TRF member
who runs one of the leading training companies i2i Training
on their training methodology
and their special offer to TRF members

At i2i we do 3 things:
Explain techniques in a way that makes sense
Help riders understand and reduce instinctive reactions
Change your behaviour to transform your riding.

Tom Killeen will present principles of riding to include physics of the machine, the riders part and how our minds actually make riding either really hard or really easy depending on how we feel, which then leads nicely on to why at i2i the mind-set of the rider, or in other words the behaviour of the rider dictates how well or poor a rider will be, but the good news is all of that can not only be changed, it can be transformed to make riding a lot easier and more fun that most riders every think possible.
Advanced Trail Riding

Bike stability exercises
In this section you will learn more about why bikes are inherently stable and how to use body position and throttle control to maximise the stability of your bike. This section contains an exercise to help you learn how your body position affects the stability of (and your confidence in) the bike, when riding over slippery surfaces.

Front wheel skids
In this section you will understand the stories you have created about front wheel slides. Importantly you will learn how to prevent, recognise, induce and control a front wheel skid on a slippery surface.

Rear wheel skids
In the next two sections you will understand the stories you have created about what happens when the back wheel slides and learn how to induce and control a rear wheel skid.

Standing positions in different situations
In this section you will learn how to stand correctly and get the most from the machine by understanding how to maximise your connection, reduce your effort and improve your endurance whilst doing challenging sections off road.

Hill recovery
In this section you will learn how to approach hills with a plan to recover when it goes wrong. By mastering this technique your ability to take on larger hills will be improved.

Wheelies/obstacle avoidance
In this section you will learn how to use advanced techniques to get over tough rocks, tree in your way. A great skill to have.

Steep descents with braking
In this section you will learn how to control the bike whilst on a slope or hill so that you can slow down in order to change direction and decide your next move. Very few riders can brake effectively on the way down!

£125 TRF members on own bike
£170 to non TRF on own bike incl. years TRF membership

OPTION use of training bike – KTM 350EXC
cost £95 shared use £190 sole use

Small Groups with Limited numbers
1st come 1st served

NO LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS

Pricing Includes

Professional Training
Pub Lunch
Venue

Payment by Paypal to chairman@hertstrf.org.uk or by cheque / Bank transfer to Herts TRF bank account (email Mario for TRF bank details)
Dont forget to register of Doodle (different link for each session and make it clear who you are & which session you want)

Bookings not confirmed until paid

The Venue

Benington near Stevenage

(subject to confirmation and with kind permission of
Richard Bott - a long standing TRF member and an early contributor to the TRF fighting fund)

Places limited Book NOW

TRF Weekend Training Day
Sunday 15th June Near Stevenage
Booking Link Sunday 15th http://doodle.com/m774gnfmb86pwcct

TRF Midweek Training Day
Wednesday 18th June Near Stevenage
Booking Link Wednesday 18th http://doodle.com/xqfz39b6yk8apc8s

Contact Mario chairman@hertstrf.org.uk 07721 480000

Follow on Twitter | Friend on Facebook | Forward to Friend
Copyright © 2014 Trail Riders Fellowship Hertfordshire, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email from your previous contact with the Trails Riders Fellowship www.trf.org.uk and /or the the local Herts & North London Group www.hertstrf.org.uk where you have given us your email and asked to stay in contact.

Our mailing address is:
Trail Riders Fellowship Hertfordshire
Shire Park Social Club
Shire Park, Central Drive,
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1GB
United Kingdom

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom