Opensstreetmap query

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning all

Trying to download from this very useful site for my 2610. Problem is, I can't seem to see any windows file to download to mapsource?

Here's the desktop pic
Openstreetmapview_zpse64ac7fc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Am I just being thick or summat? Probably. But is there any other reason?

Try again and make sure you have positively selected the countries or tiles you were interested in. The file you want will contain a reference to Windows and Mapsource

Try again and make sure you have positively selected the countries or tiles you were interested in. The file you want will contain a reference to Windows and Mapsource

Thanks. Pretty sure I did that but will try again. Cheers.:beerjug:

Bloody hell, that's spooky because I tried doing exactly the same earlier today, and gave up when I got exactly the same screen. :eek

Using Internet Explorer was slow, but it was quicker on Google Chrome; but even so I still didn't get what I wanted. I was hoping I could just download the maps direct to my 2610s CF card. :(

Would this video be any good for you?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FEXFk0yIIZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Taff I just did the screenshot in my earlier post and got both the "Image" for the SD card and the Windows installer

I couldn't get the maps updated using the openmaps.org link and found an old post to http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ where it wall worked fine

Bloody hell, that's spooky because I tried doing exactly the same earlier today, and gave up when I got exactly the same screen. :eek

Using Internet Explorer was slow, but it was quicker on Google Chrome; but I still didn't get what I wanted. I was hoping I could just download the maps direct to my 2610s CF card. :(

I have never found the openstreetmap site to work properly in Internet Explorer, works fine with Firefox.

John

I was using firefox.

Anyway, managed to download the maps after clicking on Jay's link. Ta Jay. Could not open them on Mapsource as the bloody thing is now locked! Aaaaaaaaargh!

Happened before and seemed to fix itself. Have got most of what I need on the 2610 already. If I run across a newly buitl autobahn . Too bad. That's what maps are for!

OSM works fine for me downloading with Safari or Chrome and run it with Basecamp (using a Mac) or Roadtrip

A wee update on this.

I was unsuccessful in downloading the maps I needed form OSM. I ended up simply using the 2009 maps.

However, I tried again tonight and after much faffing about ... success! :beerjug: I managed to download UK maps and send to the 2610. Not quite sure still how I did it but I did!

I now need to buy a bigger (4gb) compact flash card and will be ready to try a much bigger map set. However, that's for the future, sufficient unto the day ...

I was unsuccessful in downloading the maps I needed form OSM. I ended up simply using the 2009 maps.

However, I tried again tonight and after much faffing about ... success! :beerjug: I managed to download UK maps and send to the 2610. Not quite sure still how I did it but I did!

I now need to buy a bigger (4gb) compact flash card and will be ready to try a much bigger map set. However, that's for the future, sufficient unto the day ...

According to Garmin, 2GB is the limit for a 2610.

Ta for that

In that case, I suppose I need to use more than one card and load different map sets onto each card.

Although you can just download the Windows installer and then, on your PC, create the map-sets from that to put onto your CF/SD card you will note that there's also a download entitled 'osm_generic_new_gmapsupp.zip'. This is the supplementary mapping file that you can copy straight to the memory card that you then put into your Garmin.

Not sure about the 2610 (probably the same) but on Nuvis and Zumos it needs to be placed in a root folder named 'Garmin'.

Back
Top Bottom