Pond life london

Nobby

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thank full for this piece of kit yesterday after some pond life litte c!!!! Tried to steal my dash, so back to the train to London to save myself a load of grief and hassle.

Attachments

• AD5A4CA4-5707-444F-AB8A-44D4C1F7230A.jpeg
    AD5A4CA4-5707-444F-AB8A-44D4C1F7230A.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 354
I’d submit there are bell ends in Berlin too.

Why is it so easy to steal?
Why is it not vin coded so it won’t work on another bike?

anyone had their car radio nicked lately? No, I thought not.

I’d submit there are bell ends in Berlin too.

Why is it so easy to steal?
Why is it not vin coded so it won’t work on another bike?

anyone had their car radio nicked lately? No, I thought not.
But then BMW wouldn’t be able to sell you new ones all the time. Similar to GPS equipment on John Deere tractor, expensive and would be easy to code so it couldn’t be used on other vehicles, but not apparently something manufacturers want to do. A cynic would think they just want to sell more parts…

But then BMW wouldn’t be able to sell you new ones all the time. Similar to GPS equipment on John Deere tractor, expensive and would be easy to code so it couldn’t be used on other vehicles, but not apparently something manufacturers want to do. A cynic would think they just want to sell more parts…
Really? Surely a farmer would know where his field is.

Surely a farmer would know where his field is.
You'd be surprised at the amount of modern technology aboard those tractors. As AutoGS said above, GPS positioning is used for optimisation.
The same way any GPS device could be used to measure field size or doing land survey. There is a specific function for that in any handheld Garmin gps.
John Deere was (in)famously one of the first company to clamp down on vehicle modification (and sparked some ownership issues) over this, years ago.

Blimy, in this day and age, eh. But yet there are still scrotes willing and able to nick a screen of a motorcycle. Something's not right.

While people will buy secondhand without checking provenance there will always be a market.

The irony is the scrotes create the market by thieving

Calmer one I think
Sad thing it stopped from riding into London now so training up but with the industrial action just makes life hard work, as if it isn’t hard enough at the moment.

While people will buy secondhand without checking provenance there will always be a market.

The irony is the scrotes create the market by thieving

And bikermates, many on this forum, don’t give a stuff where it comes from, providing it’s cheap and dropped off at their door (by the cheapest means possible) within 24 hours of it being ordered via the internet, whilst supping a brew.

Back
Top Bottom