Rear ESA

Ted

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2009 R1200GS with ESA. The ESA stopped working and no display after went in for service, not get into that can of worms. Enz0 of T-Tech suspension has had a look at the rear shock as indicated by dealer and couldn't find a definitive problem. Changed the motor/head unit for very, very reasonable price. If it still wont work I need to start checking wires, continuity and so on.
Have a Haynes manual with diagrams but nothing specifically for GS, although the R,RT look identical. So thinking it probably is the same.
Thanks

After refitting the ESA shock it may need to be calibrated to the ECU using a GS911.
The ECU does not know how many steps the shock is set at unless recalibrated.
Not sure if it is possible with the Motorscan app, have both but always use the GS911.
If Denz0 has looked at the shock I would put my money on it being perfect.

Thats the problem, It was all working well. I had them serviced by Luke couple years ago. He said just to get calibrated next service. I forgot last year as all working well.
Before this annual service I cleaned bike and checked over everything including running through all settings on ESA, no problems. On morning of service I even reset from pillion to single rider, again no problem. I asked if they could do a recalibration on suspension almost as an afterthought. Came back to me to say would not work and in fact all had shut down, no display nothing. Insisted they did nothing wrong. So thats where were up too.

Chances are that Luke / Denz0 set the preload to the same settings as it was when you sent it too him.
You refitted the shock to your bike no problems.
If you do not have any diagnostic kit to hand I think that you may have go back to the dealer.
My own experiences of main dealers is that I would not trust them with a pushbike, but that's the limited times I have had dealings with them.

Back
Top Bottom