RHINOWALK RACKLESS SADDLBAGs

No. I mean the plates that give you specific points for luggage.
Arrived and fitted. (y)
I found that fitting the R/H bracket on the left side and the L/H bracket on the right, gives me a better angle for the straps :)

As the silencer is quite high and I can see the bags sagging in the summer, I have bought a piece of soldering felt to attach/glue to the bottom of the R/H bag.
Like, but not the same as this

You can also get a silicon sheet, but that wont be as easy to attach.

How timely. I'm in the market for some cheap option luggage for a trip on my 701 :)

Can't decide between the 18L and 28L though :unsure:

How timely. I'm in the market for some cheap option luggage for a trip on my 701 :)

Can't decide between the 18L and 28L though :unsure:
Depends if you use a roll bag as well.
My tent (Quetcha 2 man 2 Seconds Easy) will not fit in the 28l so it will be in the smallish Ortlieb roll bag along with anything else long.

I won't be taking a tent.

I think the bigger 28L option is not much more to buy or going to weigh much more but will encourage me to take too much unnecessary crap. I will have a tank bag + the option of 5, 10 or 20L Kriega US bags to lash to the seat if needed.

Here ya go Bert. A few crap pics.

The bags need to be FULL. If not they can lose their shape quite easily. The R/H bag just about clears the silencer.
bags1.jpg
This is the front strap to go around the footrest or bracket. Its long
bags2.jpg

There are straps on the underside of the bags for mounting tentpoles, chairs etc.
I will cut mine off, at least on the R/H side. They serve no purpose for me.
bags3.jpg
The left side is not a problem, but I will probably delete the under straps.
bags4.jpg
I cant make up my mind whether to go over or under or over the rack "arms". Probably under. The over the saddle straps are 3 times longer than I need. Still much more experimentation to be done.
bags5.jpg

While I was mucking about with the bags, I was looking at where to mount my Insta360.
I'm not bothered about having me or the bike in shot. What do you think? I'm using the M5 screen retaining nut.
cam1.jpg

Thank you for taking the trouble👍 John.
What do you think/ how strong are those clips? Looks like all the load is held by those?
Video- looks ok - may have to road check for possible vibration issues?

I notice D clips- could have extra straps running accross the saddle through those to share the load :nenau

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom