Route advice to Stella Alpina

kingsol007

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just trying to finalize my route for the 2012 Stella Alpina. I am travelling from Scotalnd and thinking of ferrying from Hull to Zeebrugge, after that I am at a loss !
I have heard that the bokki camp site is worth a stop other, other than that I am pretty flexible.

Anyone any ideas of stopover and routes through France.

Oh - tent will be strapped to the back.

anyone else getting the ferry?

Thanks in advance

Kings:)

dont go thru the frejus tunnel - its €25, go over the Col de l'Echelle.

watch for the mini fjord on the italian side as there isnt any warnng and easy to bottom out

I am sailing Hull to Rotterdam today, 4 days travel down through France to meet up with some friends and spend 12 days in the Picos/Pyrenees, they are sailing back from Santander while I am going to travel across to Andorra, along the South of France and on up to Bardonecchia for the Stella Alpina. Was going to try to make it to Garmisch but to many miles in the short space of time.
Stops on the way down in France are Troyes, Limoges, Lourdes.
Might see you in Bardonecchia.
Scottish :flag Anniversary GSA.

thanks for the tips, will make sure a stay away from that tunnel toll!

Done quite a bit of research
It will run you 34 quid from Calais to Grenoble in tolls
You may save 15 quid if you route around through Lux and theres cheap fuel but its 100 mile longer ( just down to the Langres area)
Me I am fancying tolls down to Chambery (get rid of the boring bit) over the Galibrier towards Briancon then heading back though Susa over Col Cenis and I'seran and Vald'isare
Thats the plan = Up to now = IT WILL CHANGE FOR SURE :D
Have a great trip

Back
Top Bottom