Thoughts on this 2014 high mileage ebay bike

That's what I was thinking. I can see he has already reduced it from £6100 to £5400 but it's the wrong time of the year and I know a lot of things aren't selling. If I could get it for £5k that seems like a lot of bike for the money. He sent me a walkaround video and there's pretty much no corrosion at all. Plus the TE model with quickshifter appeals. It does need a service though, which I'd do myself.
Sounds like a winner

Panniers regularly come up for sale budget round £300 the pair :thumby:

Going to see the lower mileage blue GS on Wednesday. Nice to know LC GSs are finally in my price range! Seems like a lot of bike for the money if I can get it for 5 grand.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Just got back from seeing the lower mileage bike. Beautiful bit of kit, no corrosion whatsoever and has every option possible for a TE of that year. Did a deal at £5250 and he's going to include a givi trekker box. Seems like a huge amount of bike for the money, chuffed to bits! Just gotta wait for my Tiger 800 to be picked up now.
62de834e92be623856f7118443a8d0b9.jpg

Hi all, hoping to get an opinion from the collective on this GS. Didn't meet reserve, minimum is £4,495. Good value or steer clear?

The seller is Stephen Muff.

Didn't he work for BMW Park Lane?

The seller is Stephen Muff.

Didn't he work for BMW Park Lane?
Not sure, however he seems really good at what he does. Generally BMW tradeins that BMW won't retail. Very detailed description and photos, seems to do very well. For me, once I factor in the delivery too, the bike in Penicuik made much more sense.

Picked up my GS today, I absolutely love it! What a bike. Just need to service it and try and get some vario panniers for a good price.

Blown away by the torque, brakes and suspension after my Tiger 800. Surprisingly when wheeling it into my garden it felt much easier to manhandle too despite being quite a fair bit heavier.
31db019e40590ba81b474a214ab26230.jpg

Blown away by the torque, brakes and suspension after my Tiger 800. Surprisingly when wheeling it into my garden it felt much easier to manhandle too despite being quite a fair bit heavier.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using TaTapatalk
Nice one, it's the low COG that does that and with the sticky out cyliders and wide bars it's easier to pick up too if you drop it. DAMHIK 🤣

Picked up my GS today, I absolutely love it! What a bike. Just need to service it and try and get some vario panniers for a good price.

Looks tidy 👍

Looks tidy
It is. No corrosion at all, I think I bagged a gooden! I plan to use the time allowed by the crap weather to go over it with a fine tooth comb so hopefully won't find any gremlins!

Congrats, it sounds like you agreed a great deal. That, as has been said, is a LOT of bike for the cash.

I'd look on the service as a plus point - by the time you've serviced it, you'll have had your hands all over it, plus you'll know it has been done properly and is good for the next few thousand miles.

Congrats, it sounds like you agreed a great deal. That, as has been said, is a LOT of bike for the cash.

I'd look on the service as a plus point - by the time you've serviced it, you'll have had your hands all over it, plus you'll know it has been done properly and is good for the next few thousand miles.
Glad you think so.

Oh definitely, I ways end up servicing bikes I buy and sorting out wee cosmetic niggles. I've bought all the bits I need for a full service for £70 all in. BMW wanted over £400. Therefore, it's just going to BMW on the 27th for the driveshaft inspection/FD drilling and I'll do the rest myself.

Back
Top Bottom