Tour X4 question

Akulaking

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any one know roughly when the Arai Tour X4 was released? The D ring on mine says 2013 but I’m gobsmacked if it’s that old. I know they can sit on shelves a year or two before selling, but if that’s right it’s had a damn good run, around 10 years with the 5 just coming out.
There are some good deals on 4’s now, I’ve seen plain white ones for £339. The 5’s are £599 and unlikely to be discounted for a good while. Makes the 4 seem cheap.

From this post on the site it looks like it was 2013

Are the 5's for sale now ? 2013 sounds about right, but I don't believe its an issue if they are stored correctly. Need to check the date on mine as its only about 3 years old to me but an older colour scheme.

Are the 5's for sale now ? 2013 sounds about right, but I don't believe its an issue if they are stored correctly. Need to check the date on mine as its only about 3 years old to me but an older colour scheme.
The X5 white is about to drop in the dealers, I think the coloured versions are due in December. My X4 is a 2013 model then, it’s in incredibly good condition externally, the interior is a little worn but hey, it’s a testament to the build quality of Arai. 10 years is a long run for a model, without any changes.

Apparently the new X5 in plain colours is £510, multi colours £599. Hopefully have some At the NEC show.

Any thoughts?
I am a big fan of the X4 and wondered why the deal was so good at Motolegends after EVskij posted, I then got a notice of offer from Sportsbikeshop
MCN features the new X5 launch this week so explains all the deals.

I reckon worth getting a X4 at such a saving, I am told I don't need a second X4....

Worth watching the Bennett’s Social review of the X5 on YouTube, if you need a new helmet I would say it’s a no brainer, but if your existing X4 is in good shape and not too old then it come down to wanting rather than needing.
A plain colour X5 is only just over £100 more than a multi coloured X4. You pays your money and you makes your choice………………..

I have a brand new one from about 2013 never worn .............is it scrap ?
Mines a 2013 and looks like a 12 month old one externally. Inside is showing its age though. Dunno what to say about yours, I think Arai say 7 years, but that’s assuming 7 years of wear and tear. Lots of used helmets get bought and sold on EBay and people rarely mention/question the age. I’d say if it’s been kept in a cover, somewhere dark and dry it’s definitely not scrap. Bung it on EBay with an honest description and see what happens.

just bought a x4 in grey for £299 delivered. 3rd Arai tour x. Superb quality, unlike the hornet ds I got when Hein gerike went bust. Bloody awful.

I like my X4 but I found the Pinlock never worked satisfactorily because of the sharpness of the front of the visor.
For that reason I'm, probably going to upgrade to the X5 but I haven't seen them on pre-order cheaper than £599 for black or white and £699 for coloured.

Back
Top Bottom