Transfer route to XT from MRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
somewhere there a description of how to do this, but now I can’t find it.

Can anyone help?

Is it;

Export GPX from MRA
Find the GPX file on the iphone
Open the file
Press the square with arrow to open with Garmin Drive
Send to XT?

Or is there an easier way? I’m sure I’ve done it but can’t remember how, like maybe connecting the XT to iPad Pro with a cable and using the file system somehow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

via an iPhone.

Find the route you wish to export.

Page menu.

Save as

GPX 1.2

Do you wish to download? Yes

Go to downloads files on your phone. It might just appear automatically under ‘Recents’

Open file (a load of code appears)

Bottom left, little box with arrow. Tap on it.

Select Garmin Drive app

‘Gpx file received’, should appear in Garmin Drive

Send to XT

No doubt you can drag and drop files but I have never bothered.

Last edited:
via an iPhone.

Find the route you wish to export.

Page menu.

Save as

GPX 1.2

Do you wish to download? Yes

Go to downloads files on your phone. It might just appear automatically under ‘Recents’

Open file (a load of code appears)

Bottom left, little box with arrow. Tap on it.

Select Garmin Drive app

‘Gpx file received’, should appear in Garmin Drive

Send to XT

No doubt you can drag and drop files but I have never bothered.

Thanks Wapping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or, find the map, page menu and export. Transfer through the open route connector. (needs to be plugged in with USB for this way)

Or, find the map, page menu and export. Transfer through the open route connector. (needs to be plugged in with USB for this way)

The slight disadvantage to that way (if you're using a Mac} is that there isn't an option for .gpx 1.2

Hope there will be an update to sort this. :thumb2

The slight disadvantage to that way (if you're using a Mac} is that there isn't an option for .gpx 1.2

Hope there will be an update to sort this. :thumb2
I have a MacBook air and I get the option of gpx 1.2. But I use my iPhone, but hey, semantics eh !

I have a MacBook air and I get the option of gpx 1.2. But I use my iPhone, but hey, semantics eh !

Yes - I was talking about the Mac Export interface using the MRA Connector. :thumb2

The gpx file can be downloaded to your Mac (MRA Save Button) as a gpx 1.2 and then transferred.

Wapping's procedure is easier when using Apple products to get a gpx 1.2 fie on the Zumo XT :thumb2

I think MRA is just brilliant.

:beerjug:

Yes - I was talking about the Mac Export interface using the MRA Connector. :thumb2

The gpx file can be downloaded to your Mac (MRA Save Button) as a gpx 1.2 and then transferred.

Wapping's procedure is easier when using Apple products to get a gpx 1.2 fie on the Zumo XT :thumb2

I think MRA is just brilliant.

:beerjug:
I plan on my MacBook, which is replicated on my iPad and iPhone apps. Then use the same procedure as Wapping to move to the xt via my iPhone. Have had issues in the past, where the drive app has disappeared as an option, but reinstalling generally sorts it out

That is one of the great things about MyRoute’s cloud based platform, that it’ll appear across several mediums, whether that’s an iPad / smart pad or phone, all updating in real time. Garmin missed a trick with this, for sure.

Yeah, doddle from phone to device.

1. Open route from MRA phone App (Click 3 bars in top left when opening app and select routes)
2. Select the route you want from there
3. Click Edit Icon (Pencil symbol)
4. On Page Menu select "save as" and save as GPX 1.1 or 1.2 (if you wanna use Shape Points)
5. Select "export"
6. Select "Open"
7, You should see "open with" on your phone - select "Garmin Drive" app....

....Bingo, route sent to device.

Very easy once you have done it 2-3 times, handy as I can do a load of routes for different weather / mood on a tour and thne just send the one I want ont he day to the device.

The method above doesn’t seem to work on an iphone. Export only takes me to a “connector” page for Windows or MacOS.

Share doesn’t offer the Drive app, but downloading the track, open, then open with (square box with the arrow) per mine and Wapping’s post does allow selection of Drive as destination.

The method above doesn’t seem to work on an iphone. Export only takes me to a “connector” page for Windows or MacOS.

Share doesn’t offer the Drive app, but downloading the track, open, then open with (square box with the arrow) per mine and Wapping’s post does allow selection of Drive as destination.

You really should stick to a map. It works fine on an iPhone, that is how I have been sending routes to my XT for 2 years or more. If you can't find drive app as an option, then delete it and reinstall it and possibly do the same to MRA. It disappeared once for me, but then once I had reinstalled, it all came back :)

Does the method shown in post #2 work? (This uses the main MyRoute website)

If it doesn’t, at which point does it fail?

Does the method in post #10 work? (This uses the MyRoute app)

I have just tried both methods on my iPhone. I was able to use both methods to get a route into Garmin Drive.

You really should stick to a map. It works fine on an iPhone, that is how I have been sending routes to my XT for 2 years or more. If you can't find drive app as an option, then delete it and reinstall it and possibly do the same to MRA. It disappeared once for me, but then once I had reinstalled, it all came back :)

Stop being a twat and try a) reading the posts and b) being helpful. ‘ use a map’ seems to be your default answer to everything.

I’ve been using Garmin and other devices for years, and I know how they work - I am just getting to grips with MRA.

I’m transferring the routes from my iphone to the XT, using the method I put in my first post, and echoed by Wapping. The method posted by Rasher May work on Android but not on an iphone.

Does the method shown in post #2 work? (This uses the main MyRoute website)

Does the method in post #10 work? (This uses the MyRoute app)

I have just tried both methods on my iPhone. I was able to use both methods to get a route into Garmin Drive.

Rashers method fails after “export”, at this screen.

45b3564a313574f81d9025ddf99a9487.jpg

I see I missed a step from #10. I went to “export” not “save as” then “export”. So that works, apologies to Rasher.

I usually keep all the exported routes in Dropbox anyway, as Garmin Drive on my phone is paired to the XT and I use the iPad for route prep. Fewer steps to send a GPX file from Dropbox or file storage to Drive than use MRA, once the route has been saved.

Stop being a twat and try a) reading the posts and b) being helpful. ‘ use a map’ seems to be your default answer to everything.

I’ve been using Garmin and other devices for years, and I know how they work - I am just getting to grips with MRA.

I’m transferring the routes from my iphone to the XT, using the method I put in my first post, and echoed by Wapping. The method posted by Rasher May work on Android but not on an iphone.

I'll try and be a bit more helpful to you, (a) do a search and stop asking the same questions that have been covered before, (b) read my earlier post, I have an iPhone, I transfer routes from MRA on my iPhone to my XT using drive as outlined before. (c) if Drive isn't visible, delete and re install again as outlined before. As for being a twat, wouldn't want to take your badge off you.

As for the "using a map" comment, only used it twice so far, first time thought it was funny, second time, especially for you, but I can use it again in response to your track posts if you wish :) Although I don't know the answer to that one, so will be interested what other option you have.

In my first post, I did say that I was sure it had been posted before, but couldn’t find it.

I also wrote down how I was transferring the routes, a method which worked but seemed a bit long winded, so I was checking to see if there was a better way. Probably it’s the same way you do it but you wouldn’t have known that because you clearly didn’t read it.

So the “use a map” comment was just stupid, wasn’t it?

You didn’t answer that question, nor did you offer any information or anything of use apart from smugly saying you’d been doing it for 2 years.

So you turn up on a thread, don’t read the posts, don’t answer the question, don’t say anything useful then resort to insults.

Twat.

OK, now the problem is solved, let’s close it down.

Berin, if you have a fresh problem with the transfer, start a new thread with a fresh post, please.

Thank you everyone for your help in resolving the issue successfully.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom