Using Fog Lights as DRL’s

Only if they are fog lights, which they are not. They are now aux lights. And if they were fog lights, you would not be able to switch them on, unless your headlight was on. Whereas the aux lights can be switched on with daylight running lights.
Aha fair enough! Understood, thanks
The fogs on my last car (Volvo) came on with sidelights, on the basis you could see "under" the fog and not get the reflected light from the fog (or snow) of dip beam...

Last edited:
Only if they are fog lights, which they are not. They are now aux lights. And if they were fog lights, you would not be able to switch them on, unless your headlight was on. Whereas the aux lights can be switched on with daylight running lights.
Agree but try explaining that to a gun toting Gendarmerie or Garda 😳

The title on the configurator says Fog lights, though the text below says additional headlights.View attachment 294267
This has been explained before, the configurator is not always correct, you will find errors. They are not "fog" lights, fog lights have a different lens to spots. On the Europe configurator they are aux lights, on the parts diagram they are aux lights. It is illegal in the UK to be able to switch fogs on without a headlight on. Daylight running lights on a bike are not the headlight. You can switch the aux lights on with the daylight running lights. But at the end of the day, do what you want and buy what you want.

Aha fair enough! Understood, thanks
The fogs on my last car (Volvo) came on with sidelights, on the basis you could see "under" the fog and not get the reflected light from the fog (or snow) of dip beam...
Well there you go then. On my car you can't switch the fogs on unless the headlights are on, so not normal daytime. Although I also have small spots which come on with the headlight as well. So to get the green indicator light on, I have to have the dipped headlight on.

Well there you go then. On my car you can't switch the fogs on unless the headlights are on, so not normal daytime. Although I also have small spots which come on with the headlight as well. So to get the green indicator light on, I have to have the dipped headlight on.
:) Using front fogs on a car (when it's not foggy) is a great way for the driver to show the world what an @rse he/she is :)

This has been explained before, the configurator is not always correct, you will find errors. They are not "fog" lights, fog lights have a different lens to spots. On the Europe configurator they are aux lights, on the parts diagram they are aux lights. It is illegal in the UK to be able to switch fogs on without a headlight on. Daylight running lights on a bike are not the headlight. You can switch the aux lights on with the daylight running lights. But at the end of the day, do what you want and buy what you want.
Just pointing out the error on the configurator, agreeing with you in fact.
👍

Been all over France, Spain, Germany, Austria and dipped in to a few other places …always with the aux lights switched on. No issues with police/gendarmes to date.
imo it helps to be spotted earlier when you are on windy country roads.
Ride more, worry less. If your lights are dazzling other road users, they need to be adjusted or switched on at the right times.

I have some Clearwater Darla yellow auxiliary lights and the oddly named Billy brake light fitted to my RT, and generally run on those and the H/L LED halo surround as day running lights.
Adjustable for emitted power output on a weird combination of indicator/brake lever pushes and pulls.

I’ve done this touring in the UK, France, Italy, and Greece with no problems at all. Highly visible and effective… bliddy pricey too, but I bought them 2nd hand.

Back
Top Bottom