Raffle for Llangollen Weekend

sharribee

The Mountain Rescue team has now booked into the campsite, and are finalising the prize for the raffle for this weekend.

We plan to run some first aid demo / practices for those who are interested and I believe that there will be one member who is able to teach helmet removal (do need to confirm with him he is available)

We will also be training during the days on the rocks above the campsite if anyone wants to have a look at what we can do.

More details will follow about the raffle prize, but it will be along the lines of a survival / escape and evasion type fun weekend for the winner and a friend / partner. Those who are not able to come to Llangollen may be able to buy raffle tickets before the event but the draw will take place on the weekend.

All should be revealed this week.

Sharrie
xxx

Mountain Resuce In Llangollen

We have finalised the details now so I thought I would let you know the plan.

A little while ago, in fact last year after I posted a picture that sparked lots of interest in what I had been up to, the thread ended up with me describing what I had been up to with the Mountain rescue team I am a member of.

This is the picture that started it all off, and thats me in the middle.

main.php

Fanum suggested that the Llangollen weekend be used to try to raise some extra funds for the team, with a raffle and an extra special prize. It is now only a few weeks away and the plan is now hatched.

The team has booked into the campsite and will be arriving Friday during the day. There are lots of rides and stuff planned during Saturday so we will be training in the area planning to get back for between 3 - 4pm when some of you will be arriving back at the campsite.

I have been told that there is a big car park near by that we may be able to use, if not we will get our kit out (out not off) and if anyone is interested we can show you what we do and you can meet the team. There will also be the opportunity for anyone who wants to learn a little first aid, I will have some resusciation manikins and willing MR troups to teach.

We will be around from 3 - about 7 ish when we will proberly join you lot for a drinkie in the local pub. Depending on demand then we could do a similar sort of thing Sunday morning before we leave.

Now to the raffle.

There is only one prize for this, but I can guarentee you would not be able to buy it. It is the opportunity for the lucky winner and a friend to spend a weekend with the team. It will be a survival type weekend with a bit of a twist. All food will be included (although it really won't be the ritz) and it will be at a convenient time during the summer and based within the Brecon Beacons.

Raffle tickets will be sold during the weekend which is when the draw takes place but for those members who are not able to attend if you want a raffle ticket please PM me.

If there are any queries please post them here or PM me. I am in the process of uploading more pictures from our last training weekend to give you a better idea of what we are all about.

Sharrie
xxx

Sounds awesome Sharrie :thumb2

I will definitely be buying some tickets :bounce1

Mav

Ok got some taster piccies of what the raffle prize may include
There could be a little of this
maria.jpg

and this

abseiling.jpg

and there will definately be lots of these lovely mountains

Penwyllt.jpg

and maybe a few waterfalls

28042007078.jpg

with an overnight stay somewhere like this
14042007056.jpg

which the really clever among you may recognise from the cannibal episode of Torchwood, so if you are lucky enough to be there you'd better watch the locals :augie .

There will also be some runner up prizes, nothing spectacular just a few bottles of wine and boxes of chocolates.

Just beware, the man who is responsible for planning the first prize and in fact the running of our team is Pricey, don't want to scare you all but you may be faced with this.....................................................

getimage_2_.jpg

our wonderful team leader :eek:

Funny you should say that Paul apparently those pants really do chafe

:ymca

:eek: :eek: :eek:
It's Daffyd from Llanddewi-Brefi

It's just too accurate!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fantastic stuff Sharie.......excellent prize and a great cause!:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

PS there are more than enough dummies who are planning on being there, and I'm sure a fair few of them will volunteer for some mouth to mouth.

Even if it's Pricey :D :ymca

:wave :wave :wave

As a non attender can I send up some cash with someone and enter the raffle, not really interested in the 1st prize but I assume there will be lots of other goodies to win.

:bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

52 in the Hotel and another hundred camping??

I hope you've got enough raffle tickets :D

I want to win!!

Great prize, I'll certainly be buying tickets.
Do you want me to get you some Jim? (of course I won't be buying you the winning one!!)

Yeah cheers, buy me 10 quids worth. If I get the 1st prize give it back for someone who's there to win. Other than that pick anything nice and I'll drop some money into the shop :thumb2

Have a great time.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

i am so excited about this weekend, can't wait to meet you guys at last and put names to faces.

Although if Thunderroad don't hurry up I am going to have to come up in a car cause they still haven't finished with Twinkletoes :(

Bill I have just bought more raffle tickets just in case :thumb

Back
Top Bottom