Llangollen 2007 - A toad's eye view.

Toad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It was a long trip to get to Llangollen. I'd started on the Thursday in Dubai, so had to get back home first, get the lad packed off to granny's place, and then pack, so it was about 11am Friday before we were able to get the bike loaded up.

First priority was making sure Monkey had an appropriate view for the trip ahead.

150428661-M-1.jpg

And with Monkey and Mrs. Toad all loaded it was time to hit the road

150431163-M-1.jpg

Got to the other side of Worcester and it was time for some lunch. Stopped at a pub.

150432368-M.jpg

and it's fair to say that Mrs. T was unimpressed.

150431763-M-1.jpg

Still, time to hit the road again.

150432116-M.jpg

Pulled out of the pub to be overtaken by a couple of Tossers! Timolgra and someone else who's name currently escapes me - sorry! Followed them up round Kidderminster, and then they pulled off for fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day one continued. . . .

Arrived at Llangollen at about 1530. Found the hotel and unloaded the gear. It's amazing just how much heavier the panniers where going up the four flights of stairs to our room up in the gods.

Returned to the car park for the mandatory kicking of tyres and greeting the arrivals.

150433567-M-1.jpg

Having abandoned his Skye for a moment.....

150434886-M.jpg

150433184-M-1.jpg

The next bit gets a bit vague. . . . I know there was beer involved, and then curry.

150435436-M.jpg

End of the day. . .

150435890-M.jpg

Sh!tfaced, and it's not even dark yet. . . .

150440223-M.jpg

150441137-M-1.jpg

Then back to the Hand for more beers. . . . .What was I thinking:beerjug:

150442735-M.jpg

And friendly greetings from fellow tossers.

150467741-M-1.jpg

I'm detecting a theme here. . .

150443896-M-1.jpg

And shortly after these where taken I lose all recollection. . .

150445397-M.jpg

150468136-M-1.jpg

Mitre Oak

Geez now that pulls a few cords. :beerjug: Most of the family, when they wed anyway :eek: :eek: had the receptions there. The old Oak Tree opposite, well struck by lightning is reputed to have been one of the many :cool: :cool: Oak Trees that Bonnie Prince Charlie hid in from The Round Heads no not you Aiden, Humvee, Ming yours truly etc :D

Totally :topic :topic just up the road, past the New Roundabout is a Church on the left with a nice Ornate Lych gate, late one evening in 1957, after a session in the Mitre Oak with my then favourite Dolly Bird :thumb2 I was standing outside the passenger door of my short wheel base landy, trousers round me ankles, dolly bird lying across the two n/s seats, enjoying the delights of the Worcestershire Environment :mmmm when the Vicor, torch shining on me bare Bum :eek: asked 'What are you doing?' :nenau God they were naive in them days. :bow :bow

Toad,i came to Sunday Ride-Out,it was the first time i had been to a Tossers Meet and got a bit of "Nice Folk Overload" Could you help put/confirm names to faces please ? Unless there is a Rogues Gallery that does this ,that i have not yet found.

Sunday Ride Out Participants

1/ Fanum and his Good Lady - Bill and Rose ?

2/ Rev Chuck - Charles ( i remembered )

3/ The Couple in your last pic-He has Grey hair/Beard and wears Glasses,His Good Lady has pale green shirt (Jan ?)

Also met at the Ponderosa

1/Couple from Nottingham driving a People Carrier

2/"Blue Oyster Bar Tosser" according to another Thread.

Any help will avoid embarassing "Oh yes er, Hi ,er just a minute i'll erm " etc

Cheers.

Toad,i came to Sunday Ride-Out,it was the first time i had been to a Tossers Meet and got a bit of "Nice Folk Overload" Could you help put/confirm names to faces please ? Unless there is a Rogues Gallery that does this ,that i have not yet found.

3/ The Couple in your last pic-He has Grey hair/Beard and wears Glasses,His Good Lady has pale green shirt (Jan ?)

Cheers.

Dave.....good to meet you...and yes, 'twas I (Bill) and Rosie.....Rev Chuck (Charles) was the vicar with the really nice arse :D

The really old boy with the white beard was Paul (Oblertone) and his good lady is Jaq (but she is in no way good, nor a lady ) Kevin (whatton) has already put his hand up and his missus is Liz(zy) .....also in their pap pap mobile was Blue Oyster... Geriatric Germ (Rob)

Also at the Ponderosa at the same time as us where Brian (Reyno) (tall thinish guy with a big nose....sorry Brian :D) Proff (old git with big bushy beard) and his lovely wife Barbara (in the comfy shoes ;) ) and Jamie (previously known as Viscount Derbyshire) ...large fella, goatee, short brown hair, haemarrhoids.....

I'm sure there were a few others up there, but i can't remember right now :)

Cheers

Bill

PS Your bike was waaaaay too clean...go out and get the bloody thing muddy :)

Thanks for the reply Bill.On the strength of my dealings on the Site to date,and having had a good day on Sunday,i have paid up and become a Site Sponsor.Does this make me a "Proper Tosser" ??

Nice to meet you Dave. Remember you riding up behind me to the Ponderosa, and thinking, "Ok, he can ride!"
Nice to have your company for the day trip to prestat****atin - an I'm not sure I've ever drunk such awful tea in my life.
And you too, Dan & Cal - sorry if it felt like an evening telling war stories. I enjoyed it anyway - once they got the tables sorted.

Nice to meet you Dave. Remember you riding up behind me to the Ponderosa, and thinking, "Ok, he can ride!"
Nice to have your company for the day trip to prestat****atin - an I'm not sure I've ever drunk such awful tea in my life..

Thanks for the Compliment.If it's any consolation,the coffee was Dire,too. :thumb

Cheers.

And the couple you were talking to at the petrol station on the dirty blue 1200 were myself and Roz :D Although you may not recognise me again, 'cos I didn't take my lid off.
Hi anyway, glad you had a good day.:thumb
Mark

Day Two . . . .

It has to be said that Day two started reluctantly for Mrs. T.

150452523-M.jpg

However this was compensated for by the view from the window of the room.

150452904-M.jpg

150453684-M.jpg

It became clear BTBR was impatient to get off. . . . From what I hear he spent the whole day being impatient to get somewhere . :D

150454339-M-1.jpg

Fords Ride out

So we arrived at the first ford with our spectators of all sizes.

150456523-M-1.jpg

Some did well. . . .

150458735-M-1.jpg

Some did less well . . . .

150458030-M.jpg

And some cheated. . . .

150459327-M.jpg

This tree seemed to have some kind of magnetic attraction . . .

150460815-M.jpg

150477534-M.jpg

No problem for Clive though, not even with a fag on the go . . .

150461709-M-1.jpg

150475991-M.jpg

150476633-M.jpg

More successes . . .

150478131-M.jpg

150476905-M.jpg

Abrasion even proved that the Ribena Ditchwater Pump is good in rivers too.

150477819-M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom