Garmisch

nedflanders

Reaction score
So who's interested in the Garmisch bike meet (July 7th & 8th)? Go on you know you want too, just tell the missus it's exercise weekend, works everytime:augie

Garmish

Well I'm up for it as I will be back from UK then! :beerjug:

Hey scotty only coming back for wife kids and garmish stuff work and duties

Camping

So whats the score with camping etc? tickets?

All you have to do is tip up. There are no tickets, and everything is free (apart from booze and grub). I arrived around 1300hrs on the Friday last year and still got a space no problem. If you tip up on Sat you may be struggling for tent space, so take Fri off work.

You have to park your bike on the main carpark and carry your stuff to your tent area, but it will only be a couple of hundred yards max.

There were around 30,000 visited last year!

I hoped to go, but things are looking a bit dodgy at work.

PM me your mobile numbers, so that if I can get away we can meet up for way down, or once there.

Davie.

Well looks like it'll be another leave pass bunged in for the Friday off, you up for a silly O'Clock start on the Friday Scotty, take in the PX on the way down as well:thumb

Aah, but I'm the only armr, and its my Coy, will enquire tomorrow though.
text me again will ya, that way i can badger the wife!!

Garmisch PX is good for outdoors kit, what sort of camping you thinking of, my tent is quite small.

Sorted for a tent, it's a 3 man khyam, loads of room. Got a cooker as well so all you need is a rollmat and doss bag. Want to get down there early but if you can't I'll be pitched anyway so you won't need to worry about finding somewhere if you come down later. Was even thinking about leaving after work on Thursday and camping halfway somewhere in the Black Forest, a few off the site are stopping there.:D

What days are you lot thinking of going? I can't get a long weekend, bloody courses:spitfire ! Not 100% yet, but defo thinking about it. Might go with Scottykm if i go, as he is also stuffed for getting away early as well! Would leave on Fri after course???? and have to travel back Sun.

What days are you lot thinking of going? I can't get a long weekend, bloody courses:spitfire ! Not 100% yet, but defo thinking about it. Might go with Scottykm if i go, as he is also stuffed for getting away early as well! Would leave on Fri after course???? and have to travel back Sun.

I'm leaving on thursday, but only to do some exploring before I hit Garmish, can meet you somewhere on route easily enough. Will be travelling back on the sunday as well, could always do the PX on the way back if you still want to Scotty once we know who's going when I'll pop in and see you at work see where you want to meet up.

Whats the story with the spelling of hograost? or is hogroast some sort of copywrite infringement? :)

Most HOG ROAST web addresses were taken, www.hograost.com wasn`t I thought the wrong spelling was apropreate.

Thats the story, its only the second year of having a website, its a great way for selling the event, we have more ideas to upgrade it next year with a MOST ASKED QUESTIONS page.

All monies taken after paying out for marquee, bands, rent of rugby club, insurance, stageing and food, goes to THE ANDOVER GATEWAY CLUB the bakery/my chosen charity.

Last year the event was a great sucsees due to all that attended.

This years will be better as I`m learning, just wish it was my LAND, as it would be a second Garmish if it was.

Well as soon as I'm posted back to the UK I'll be sticking my name down for that, but living in the middle of Europe I won't come back to the UK for all the tea in China (but won't have much choice next year:blast )

Back
Top Bottom